The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Secondary class for an Elementalist?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars
  3. Secondary class for an Elementalist?

User Info: Treth

Treth
9 years ago#1
This is my first character and decided to go with an Elementalist. What would be a good secondary class that will allow me to solo/farm without much trouble if I wanted to?
"A ninja wastes no words." - Kage

User Info: truemalice

truemalice
9 years ago#2
I like mesmer for arcane echo. basically it lets you have two of whatever your favorite spell.
there are some other helpful mesmer spells but by endgame all i really use/need from it is echo.
Village Elders Council's Red Eyed Shakalaka
Life is like shrooms, you see some crazy ****

User Info: Z_BLADE

Z_BLADE
9 years ago#3
Monk is a pretty good option for players just starting out. once you reach a certain point in the game you unlock the other professions and switch between secondaries freely, So really you just choose which one to start as.

Monk offers a few 'hard res' skills (a resurrection skill you can use multiple times without getting a morale boost") Which are good to have with you.
Signature: Hello.

Treth
9 years ago#4
Ok, I went with Monk. One more question, what attributes should I add points to? I'm assuming alot will go into energy storage, since I will be a pure caster class. Are there any other skills that I should focus on?

User Info: Czechnmymail

Czechnmymail
9 years ago#5
Generally, you'll want to stick to at most three attributes to pump your points into. For a PvE elementalist, Fire Magic is the most common attribute. There are a lot of Area of Effect skills in the fire magic line, and enemies in PvE tend to cluster up, making it quite effective against them.

And yeah, energy storage is a very useful attribute for you as an elementalist. Not only does it give you high energy, but it affects two important skills for you as a beginning ele: Aura of Restoration and Glyph of Lesser Energy.
---
La fille danse quand elle joue avec moi, et je pense que je l'aime des fois.
Le silence n'ose pas dis; donc, quand on est ensemble, mettre les mots sur la petite dodo.

User Info: Garquill

Garquill
9 years ago#6
You can take points out of your attributes in case you missed that.
Currently playing: Guild Wars, Legend of Dragoon, Blue Dragon, Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Kameo, Oblivion

Treth
9 years ago#7
I did miss that, thanks for the info everyone.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars
  3. Secondary class for an Elementalist?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived