is this like wow

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars
  3. is this like wow

User Info: shadowkiller22

shadowkiller22
9 years ago#1
do you have to have this game to play nightfall and the other one.im not sure if they are expansions like burning crusade is for wow.

User Info: Matais99

Matais99
9 years ago#2
no, prophecies (the original guild wars), nightfall, and factions are all stand-alone games, which can be linked on one account, but you can play any of them w/o the original.

The game itself is also fairly different from WOW, as the max lvl is 20, and the combat is more in-depth than WOW
By the power invested within me, I hereby declare this topic BUMPED

User Info: irkiller

irkiller
9 years ago#3
Also Eye of the North is the only expansion(like TBC) and requires you to have one of the standalones first.
http://stage6.divx.com/user/pooky117

User Info: shadowkiller22

shadowkiller22
9 years ago#4
is there a specific one you would recommend because im trying to find a new game to play while my xbox360 is getting repaired.

User Info: irkiller

irkiller
9 years ago#5
prophecies since the other ones seem a little dead and it has a better learning curve.
http://stage6.divx.com/user/pooky117

User Info: Death Commander

Death Commander
9 years ago#6
Lot more stuff to do, too. Not to mention not having to pay for skills. [Well, as often.]
History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.

User Info: Z_BLADE

Z_BLADE
9 years ago#7
Prophecies and Nightfall are widely regarded as the most new-player friendly.
Signature: Hello.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars
  3. is this like wow

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived