Do you think they'll release a complete collection pack?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars
  3. Do you think they'll release a complete collection pack?

User Info: Zerkrender

Zerkrender
9 years ago#1

Just a weird habit I have, but I never like to be restricted of anything. If I get a game for a first time, even if the expansions are only for people highly progressed in the game I have to get them just so I will have them as soon as I can make use of them. And another problem is that I live in a greedy small town that tries to keep game prices as high as possible. Here are the prices...

Guild Wars = $30

Guild Wars: Factions = $40

Guild Wars: Nightfall = $40

Guild Wars: Eye of the North = $40

So they only drop the price on the oldest one and only by $10. To get them all at once would $150! :(

User Info: Shadow1975

Shadow1975
9 years ago#2
Starting prices for USA on the games were:

Prophecies = $50
Factions = $50
Nightfall = $50
GW:EN = $40

So I'd say they have all dropped except for GW:EN. Sale prices from various stores can lower that, but those were the original prices.

Shadow
Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Abe Lincoln

User Info: Zerkrender

Zerkrender
9 years ago#3
Thanks, shadow. Still hoping for an entire series package though. How many people will still be playing Guild Wars when Guild Wars 2 comes out?

User Info: Death Commander

Death Commander
9 years ago#4
Most, I'd say.
History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.

User Info: Duke Darkwood

Duke Darkwood
9 years ago#5
If they do release such a compilation - and that's a VERY big if - it won't happen before GW2 hits, is my guess.

Basically, they'll probably only resort to that sort of thing when sales on GW1 reach such a point that they feel the need for such an incentive; in general, that's how such things work (although I won't pretend to understand all the nuances that go into these decisions).
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann

User Info: Gojak_v3

Gojak_v3
9 years ago#6
I've seen NF still in the $50 price range most stores I go in. GW:EN and Factions tend to be $40, and Prophecies is $30.

This is what they are priced on the in game store and PlayNC, so I think retailers will charge the same unless it's a sale.

User Info: AlysonCD

AlysonCD
9 years ago#7
Zerk, can you not buy stuff online? I got the GOTY edition off amazon for 25 bucks with 2 day shipping brand new.

User Info: Slinky826

Slinky826
9 years ago#8
I found copies of Nightfall in Circuit City for 35.96 a couple weeks before X-mas. However, their copies of Factions were still 49.99. :-\
God did not create Man in his image, for it was Man who created God in his.

User Info: wanderz

wanderz
9 years ago#9
i bought nightfall 2 days ago at circuit city for $35.96, it said 44.96 on the package but the website says 35.96 so they had to sell it to me for that... i also bought the only copy they had, out of 5 stores i went to only 1 had nightfall regular, walmart had about 6 copies of the collector's edition for $60.
Ironically and unfortunately common sense is not very common at all.. especially on the roads.

User Info: mafia_bowser

mafia_bowser
9 years ago#10
They do have the Prophecies and Eye of the North bundle for $60 at Wal-mart you'll just save $10 though. Wish we had those prices when I started though.
Ignorance is Bliss
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars
  3. Do you think they'll release a complete collection pack?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived