The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

So Guild Wars 2 is out now.... are you still playing this one?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars
  3. So Guild Wars 2 is out now.... are you still playing this one?

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
4 years ago#1
What are your thoughts?

User Info: roleplayergamer

roleplayergamer
4 years ago#2
I don't have 60 bucks to spend freely so yes I am still going to play Guild Wars. Maybe I will get it in a month or two when price goes down a bit.

User Info: Lizardneck

Lizardneck
4 years ago#3
Not at the moment, but I'll come back. Especially after the second ele update (I was holding off doing WoC on him until then) and for festivals.

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
4 years ago#4
be careful with the language when you transition. this game is practically unmoderated, same isnt true for gw2, youll get banned for being mean to someone and using profanity

User Info: garan

garan
4 years ago#5
I won't be playing GW2 for quite some time. For one thing, my computer would probably have trouble running it, and for another, I would never buy a brand new MMO. Too many issues around release.

I will probably wait until they release their version of Nightfall, since that is the main part of GW1 that I enjoyed. The generic European fantasy world of Kryta/Ascalon has never done much for me.

User Info: shezonmxa3

shezonmxa3
4 years ago#6
strange thing happened to me regarding GW1& GW2
i am big MMO player (in the sense i try every new one) but for some reason had only mild interest in GW2 up until the very release day , then i just thought of dusting off my old GW1 account , and now i am hooked on it more than ever.
guess if i ever tried GW2 it will early 2013

User Info: Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos
4 years ago#7
A few things to wrap up first: 30 HoM points. Survivor maxed. Skill hunters maxed. Finish WiK and WoC (probably, though I find WiK annoying more than anything else).

I plan to get GW2 the instant that stuff is done, but it'll probably take a while. Knowing I'll let myself get it when I'm done has spurred me into actually playing GW1 again, far more than I had been for ages. It's so close I can taste it. :D
www.rptools.net
100% FREE virtual table top, adaptable to any RP system.

User Info: Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos
4 years ago#8
Speaking of which, just maxed survivor, finally... and no boxing. The long wayfarer double XP for skill caps helped. Thank you for that, ANet! :)
www.rptools.net
100% FREE virtual table top, adaptable to any RP system.

User Info: Cherish

Cherish
4 years ago#9
I got on when I found it they were giving away a free Tormented weapon. That was pretty much it. I'm still 47/50 because I'm short on some weapons. I did end up raising the money to buy the war supplies, but I don't have the patience to stand around to buy them. When I could instead be playing GW2, and all...
If Anet mailed crates of cash to all GW players, some people would still complain about how it was packed. - Plague4490

User Info: Chrono007

Chrono007
4 years ago#10
Haven't played since. I'm planning on finishing GWAMM sometime in the next year or two though.
"If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
--Albert Einstein
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars
  3. So Guild Wars 2 is out now.... are you still playing this one?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived