Available memory less than 15MB!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  3. Available memory less than 15MB!

User Info: RandomHero

RandomHero
5 years ago#1
just bought and installed the game on Steam

installed the latest patch with the plus version

game won't boot and tells me "Available memory less than 15MB!" because I have more than 4GB memory

i've googled the issue and came across various websites addressing the issue, such as http://iain.cx/articles/bloodlines/index.html?part4

but can't understand or figure out what to do. I'd like to solve the problem without toggling the ram of my entire PC
so

User Info: gatechgamer

gatechgamer
5 years ago#2
Are you running Windows 7 64-bit OS? If so, just right click on "vampire.exe" and change the file's compatibility to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)."

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
5 years ago#3
Install the Unofficial Patch:
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php

In addition to the memory issue, it fixes a whole bunch of other stuff and if you install the Plus version (you get a choice when you launch it) - it even restores some content, like dialogue and a some quests.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

RandomHero
5 years ago#4
I already installed Unofficial English Patch 7.8a

gatechgamer thanks for the fast response. stupid question, but where can I find the .exe?

program files > Activision > Vampire - Bloodlines

takes me to the games folders, but I see no exe. just Bin, Extras, and Vampire. in the Extras subfolder there are some patch applications that I was able to switch to Windows XP (Service Pack 3), and I switched them to run as administrator while I was at it, but I still can't find the game .exe.
so

User Info: joefitts63

joefitts63
5 years ago#5
Steam installs games under its own directory structure. On my Win7 64 bit it is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\vampire the masquerade - bloodlines
"Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull then ram it in an eye socket, I know I'm buildin' a better future." - Smiling Jack

RandomHero
5 years ago#6
thanks, that did the trick

after playing DX and hearing this game has some similarities I'm pretty excited about it
so
  1. Boards
  2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  3. Available memory less than 15MB!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived