Unofficial Patch 8.4 including new library level has been released!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  3. Unofficial Patch 8.4 including new library level has been released!

User Info: wesp5

wesp5
5 years ago#11
kaptureck posted...
so to make it clear, are various disciplines like potence, protean or auspex give u abililities above 5?

I think so, yes...

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
5 years ago#12
kaptureck posted...
so to make it clear, are various disciplines like potence, protean or auspex give u abililities above 5? when abilities are maxed. f.e is protean 4 give u 9 str?

Yes, Auspex can push your Ranged/Hacking above 10, Potence can give you a total of 10 Strength, and so on. The actual effect of having a 10+ rating in something may vary in usefulness, for example there is almost no change between Hacking 10 and Hacking 12 - both can break into computers with difficulty 10, but with a rating of 12, it will only take few milliseconds less.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: hamster45

hamster45
5 years ago#13
Played the library. Wow, this is a lot more than what I expected. I read the forum from a year ago on planet-vampire.net, back when this idea was originally conceived, and about all the difficulties of constructing a map, or even doing any sort of lighting. So I figured there would just be a couple of small rooms...So this was a surprise.

Very well done, and hopefully a beginning for things to come.

1) Braid for Computers -- But Bertram just improved my computer skills as high as they need to be. Didn't need another boost. Now my vampire loses out on braid for Perception.

2) The World Is The Key... -- The main overhead light is a globe. So tried shooting it. Examined all the central tiles beneath it. Did you deliberately mean this to be misleading?

Does Andrei just *like* getting his ass kicked by our vampire?

3) Have gotten back to downtown sewers. Now the timer for my disciplines no longer displays correctly. The discipline timer pops up, but it is solid black inside, so there is no indication of the time remaining for a discipline. The timer works, but there is no visual display. I tried to reload a save game--doesn't help--and then quit the game and started it up again, and still the discipline timer fails to indicate how much of a discipline is being used.

wesp5
5 years ago#14
hamster45 posted...

Very well done, and hopefully a beginning for things to come.

Thanks! Maybe some real expansions for Bloodlines will be created now...

1) Braid for Computers -- But Bertram just improved my computer skills as high as they need to be. Didn't need another boost. Now my vampire loses out on braid for Perception.

Yeah, I know that most people max out computers early, but Troika actually wanted to have a computer powerup, so I restored the braid to be it.

2) The World Is The Key... -- The main overhead light is a globe. So tried shooting it. Examined all the central tiles beneath it. Did you deliberately mean this to be misleading?

Not exactly, but otherwise it would have been even easier ;)!

Does Andrei just *like* getting his ass kicked by our vampire?

Sure :)! The real reason why he appears again is that we found his unused speech and the connected animations and that Brian Mitsoda mentioned a Sabbat boss in his email.

3) Have gotten back to downtown sewers. Now the timer for my disciplines no longer displays correctly.

This is a known random bug, the timer usually works after some saved games or a cutscene...

User Info: No_Mega

No_Mega
5 years ago#15
Well, the library is totally bugged for me. At first the encounter down below was stuck in a loop of that guy's annoying moans forever. Upon further restarts, nothing at all would trigger. A shame, but like the original game, it's not quite ready.

Another oddity, the security guard is now somehow dead, even though I've never attacked him.

wesp5
5 years ago#16
No_Mega posted...
Well, the library is totally bugged for me

You probably loaded a saved game while in the library, this will break the cutscene.

Another oddity, the security guard is now somehow dead, even though I've never attacked him.

You will learn what this is all about when I release the next hotfix for the bug above!

No_Mega
5 years ago#17
wesp5 posted...
No_Mega posted...
Well, the library is totally bugged for me

You probably loaded a saved game while in the library, this will break the cutscene.

You will learn what this is all about when I release the next hotfix for the bug above!

I'll make sure to keep an eye out for the next hotfix, then.

I tried a lot of reloading from different points, but I don't think I tried it from outside the library, so I'll give that a shot and post back if it worked. I did try to leave the library and come back in, and that didn't seem to work, though.

A bit off topic, but this is my first time playing this game, and it's quite enjoyable. I'd seen it on sale and passed over it many times, but I'm glad I finally gave it a shot. Sharp writing and a quest system that's very responsive to your choices. This is an RPG where playing 'bad' feels quite rewarding, and hardly an afterthought.

wesp5
5 years ago#18
No_Mega posted...
I'll make sure to keep an eye out for the next hotfix, then.

I uploaded it to GameFront and it should be available soon:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22606629/VTMBup842_exe
(this file includes the latest library freeze and loading hotfixes)

If you don't want to download the whole patch again use this:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22606504/VTMBup84to842_rar

No_Mega
5 years ago#19
Hey it worked, thanks for the quick reply. I was able to settle my business with that guy, and I ended up with a rather nice sword for my troubles.

I didn't use the new patch yet, as last I checked it said no file was available. I just went through the library without saving. Without spoiling anything, may I just say that I appreciated the little parting gift.

User Info: CrocMagnum

CrocMagnum
5 years ago#20
Wesp, you're crazy! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Did I just say thank you? Or maybe that's just the Malkavian in me :-))
- Trust No One!!
- Peace & Food!!
  1. Boards
  2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  3. Unofficial Patch 8.4 including new library level has been released!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived