Clans...how much diff is the story between them?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  3. Clans...how much diff is the story between them?

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
1 month ago#1
Is just a few quest here and there?

Or a full on campaign for each clan?

Just got it bec of the sale....janky animations actually made me wanna play 1st person but I was expecting hanky animations since this game is 2004.

Anyway... I started whatever that clan that is supposed to be diplomatic and focuses more on manipulation.

Just wondering how diff the game is for other clans.
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://s20.postimg.org/pnpy1roln/DSC03916.jpg

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 month ago#2
VermilionX posted...
Is just a few quest here and there?

Or a full on campaign for each clan?

The campaign is the same, but the different clans may have a different approach to some quests. Some NPCs also have different lines.

Exceptions are the Malkavians and the Nosferatu:

- the Malkavians are insane - all their dialogue is plain weird and the NPCs recognise this and will comment on it. Moreover, the Malkavians also sprinkle their mad ramblings with some genuine prophesies for what is to come. It's a bit hard to distinguish between what is crazy talk and what is truth, at least if you play with them the first time.
- the Nosferatu are ugly as hell - there is a lot of dialogue that relates to that. Both theirs and from the NPCs. A lot of quests also behave a bit differently, since they aren't always able to just go and talk to people. You do get some very amusing reactions, though - one of them is an old lady that gets a heart attack when she sees how ugly the vampire is.

All in all, it's worth playing three times, at least - with a Malkavian, a Nosferatu and one other clan.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

VermilionX
1 month ago#3
vlado_e posted...
All in all, it's worth playing three times, at least - with a Malkavian, a Nosferatu and one other clan.

I see

Thanks for that info

User Info: Darkman124

Darkman124
1 month ago#4
coincidentally malk/nosf have the game's main OP skill, obfuscate.
And when the hourglass has run out, eternity asks you about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.

VermilionX
1 month ago#5
I might try malkavian later if I find the game fun enough to replay

I'll pass on the classic nosferatu... Too beastly

User Info: unikat

unikat
1 month ago#6
Yeah Malkavians have many premonitions, they probably won't spoil anything, since you won't understand them, but they're fun on 2nd playthrough, once you do understand them.

Quests aren't different for clans tho, but you may get different heaven (as a Nosferatu and Tremere at least), and depending on your clan certain NPCs will have different things to say to you, but all in all... beginning and endings are the same for all clans.
"When they buried the man who invented Tetris, the whole cemetery disappeared."
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Bat22

Bat22
4 weeks ago#7
Malkavian and Nosferatu do have the most distinct treatments from the other clans.

They're fun to play but my personal favorite is the Tremere.

User Info: Ilishe

Ilishe
3 weeks ago#8
I would say Ventrue, Brujah and Gangrel have a same-y campaign.

Tremere have it slightly different IMO.

Nosferatu and Malks have huge differences.

Malks are best for a second playthrough of the game IMO.
~Phoenix Nine~
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 weeks ago#9
Ilishe posted...
Tremere have it slightly different IMO.

The biggest difference is that they get access to a different haven. Also, access to a unique Discipline but that's less of a factor. Other than that, the changes are similar to that of other clans - some extra/different dialogue here and there. Although, I guess, it's probably more than other clans which aren't Nos/Malk.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Ilishe

Ilishe
3 weeks ago#10
Yeah, it's why I said slightly different. :)

Unique discipline, unique haven. I think they have the most logical Strauss Camarilla playthrough.
~Phoenix Nine~
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
  1. Boards
  2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  3. Clans...how much diff is the story between them?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.