Is the multiplayer still enjoyable without LIVE?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Conker: Live & Reloaded
  3. Is the multiplayer still enjoyable without LIVE?

User Info: goldenlink64

goldenlink64
8 years ago#11
Before I'm done, I just have 1 more question about the mulitplayer.

Is Conker's multiplayer comparable to Perfect Dark or Timesplitters? (although I only play Future Perfect) I hold these two games as the greatest multiplayer experiences when it comes to FPS multiplayer. I like Halo too but it doesn't compare when compared to the options available.

So far, I'm just about ready to get Conker's Bad Fur Day, in fact, I'm even listening to the soundtrack of the game. Speaking of which, Windy is probably one the catchiest themes of all time, right next to the Mario theme.
I tried reality once... I don't get it, where's my health bar suppose to be?

User Info: spongeliv

spongeliv
8 years ago#12
While the games you mentioned are excellent like Conker; they have very few similarities. The biggest difference is that both Perfect Dark and Timesplitters are first person shooter games. Conker is a third person shooter, so you see the character (squirrel or Tedi) and the weapon. In first person shooters you just see the weapon.

I personally prefer third person shooters, and Conker was actually my 1st third person shooter, and I didn't have any troubles with it. I found it very natural. Some other examples of third person shooters are Jet Force Gemini, Gears of War, and Lost Planet. I can give more examples if you want.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this in my previous posts, but I always found that the N64 multiplayer was very straight forward and simple, while Live & Reloaded's multiplayer tricky, and time consuming if you want to master all the classes.

The music is extraordinary. I think it's painfully underrated. I'm always amazed when I find video game music related threads online how few people mention Conker! I could listen to the music all day! It has such a wide variety of music. You have the catchy Windy. The “It's War!” chapter music that has exciting, melancholy, and heroic tracks, and then of course the Great Mighty Poo song! Many consider it to be low brow humor, and they're right, but the lyrics are absolute genius. "You don't seem to know which creek you're in!" I didn't get that quote till my third playthrough!

Phew! I've been making a lot of long posts here of late! I hope I helped, and I hope you enjoy Conker as much as I do! It's truly an amazing game.
"I'm not going into the toilet; I'm going into show-business!" - Leo Bloom (The Producers)

goldenlink64
8 years ago#13
"Some other examples of third person shooters are Jet Force Gemini, Gears of War, and Lost Planet. I can give more examples if you want."

I've played both Gears and Lost Planet, however I don't know much about Jet Force Gemini other that its a Rareware game on the N64...Off to Wikipedia then.

"Phew! I've been making a lot of long posts here of late!"

I have no problem with long posts. More useful info to read.

"I hope I helped, and I hope you enjoy Conker as much as I do! It's truly an amazing game."

One last thing (this one just popped up so I'm sorry for bugging you), should I expect an even more polished multiplayer than Perfect Dark? After all, CBFD was released after PD, However, I don't want to create unrealistic standards for this game.

Although, If I am disappointed by the multiplayer, I'm still looking forward to Conker's Single Player. Surfing on lava, Greg the Grim reaper, and this Heist minigame I hear about all come to mind. Although Heist might be a multiplayer mode, I'm still looking forward to it.

spongeliv
7 years ago#14

It feels like I'm not expressing myself very well... D: While Conker, Gears and Lost Planet are all third person shooters, the only similarity they have is that they are all third-person shooters. Conker is just such a unique multiplayer experience. It's kind of hard to explain it! There is a portion of the N64 multiplayer where you can actually kill your enemies with your own piss. I kid you not. I can't think of another game that has that! Wait, Primal Rage. XD Anyway, Conker like I said is unique. I can't think of any other multiplayer experience that is similar to it.

"One last thing (this one just popped up so I'm sorry for bugging you), should I expect an even more polished multiplayer than Perfect Dark? After all, CBFD was released after PD, However, I don't want to create unrealistic standards for this game."

You're not bugging me! :) I love talking about Conker! I always preferred the over the top Conker multiplayer to the more serious Perfect Dark multiplayer. I remember in the IGN review about Bad Fur Day, they talked about what a great multiplayer experience it was. That it was one of the best on the 64. The reviewer did think that Perfect Dark and Goldeneye's multiplayers were a bit better. I would recommend checking out the review. I remember it being a good one.

"Although, If I am disappointed by the multiplayer, I'm still looking forward to Conker's Single Player. Surfing on lava, Greg the Grim reaper, and this Heist minigame I hear about all come to mind. Although Heist might be a multiplayer mode, I'm still looking forward to it."

Heist is a single player chapter, and a multiplayer mode. I won't say anymore. I don't want to spoil it. They are both excellent. DO NOT look up the Heist chapter online. It's the final chapter.

goldenlink64
7 years ago#15
I've watched a some multiplayer videos of CBFD and I noticed the one player selected a map titled "Temple".
Does Conker involve classic maps from Goldeneye and Perfect Dark or did Rare just name another map they made "Temple"?

A third person deathmatch in Facility, a Chainsaw match in Complex (chainsaws are in Conker right?), that would be pretty cool. If I remember correctly, Banjo-Tooie had a remade map of Complex, so It wouldn't be too surprising if Rare put in some of their genius maps.

goldenlink64
7 years ago#16
Actually, on the second thought, I'm just going to wait and find out myself. If I keep asking questions about Conker, I'm going to spoil the entire game.

I want to thank you spongeliv, for being helpful and answering all of my questions. Unfortunately, it's going to be awhile before I'm actually able to play Conker (have to sort out problems with an ebay account). I look forward to playing Conker and hope that someday Rareware finally makes Conker's Other Bad Fur Day.

User Info: Swan3624

Swan3624
7 years ago#17
"I look forward to playing Conker and hope that someday Rareware finally makes Conker's Other Bad Fur Day."

Unless Rare drops Microsoft and sides with Sony, this day will never come, unfortunately :(
http://igbgaming.com/index.php
-- Great Forum. Join up! =) --

spongeliv
7 years ago#18

Sorry, late reply…

Absolutely no problem GoldenLink! Keep in touch! Let us know when you get Conker and what you think of it! :)

goldenlink64
7 years ago#19
"Unless Rare drops Microsoft and sides with Sony, this day will never come, unfortunately :("

Care to explain why? I can't really picture Rareware working with Sony. Personally, I'd rather have them come back to Nintendo so they can finally release games like Goldeneye 007 without having to deal with licensing issues with Nintendo themselves.

"Absolutely no problem GoldenLink! Keep in touch! Let us know when you get Conker and what you think of it! :)"

It might be a while before I am finally able to get Conker, however if I like the game, I will most likely join Conker's fanbase. I really hope they make a sequel though. Its really sad to see games like this get neglected, unless the game isn't fun. But then again, this is Rareware so Conker will most likely be a blast like Rare's other gems on the N64.
  1. Boards
  2. Conker: Live & Reloaded
  3. Is the multiplayer still enjoyable without LIVE?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived