A top ps2 game? What does it do to hook the player?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts II
  3. A top ps2 game? What does it do to hook the player?

User Info: BattleAxeRX

BattleAxeRX
1 year ago#1
I haven't played this series, borrowed this from a friend, reluctantly watched the first half of what seemed to be a boring intro vid. Played some tutorial.

Xxx triangle xxx triangle xxx later I save the game and I'm not feeling it. I was expecting a lot. Big mistake. But there has to be something that's made this a hit!

And the gang of kids, there relationships with each other, I couldn't care less at this point, should I have started with the original? When do I start seeing some substance? Should I continue to another 3-4 save points? I don't want to be bored to tears, but if there's any pay off I'll try to continue.

Thanks.
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser

User Info: SheenavsKilley

SheenavsKilley
1 year ago#2
The game is really worth continuing, I really dislike KH1

BattleAxeRX
1 year ago#3
So it's ok to start at this game and have an bad first impression. I find it hard to find this game amongst titles like ffx or xii. SOTC. Shin megamitensei. Etc
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser

SheenavsKilley
1 year ago#4
Sora will get new abilities as you continue that will make battles easier and a lot more fun.

BattleAxeRX
1 year ago#5
Doesn't this game require final mix or something to even be remotely challenging? I tend to hunt for complexity and depth.

Which is why my impressions with this one seem not fruitful. I am just not sure what on earth makes this a gem.
Posted using GameFlux

SheenavsKilley
1 year ago#6
The game is really challenging with the normal enemies, but bossfights for first timers are really brutal as well

BattleAxeRX
1 year ago#7
I really appreciate your input! I'm going to have to continue on.
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!

SheenavsKilley
1 year ago#8
In general, bossfights are easy until you get them to low health where all hell breaks loose, then game over haha. That's why most people save their most damaging attacks for last to skip this "low health phase" of the boss because it's so brutal

User Info: Muffinz0rz

Muffinz0rz
1 year ago#9
The entire beginning arc playing as Roxas is indeed brutal and quite the drag. But it's designed to get your mechanics down and to provide some semblance of mystery to the game (as well as flashback cutscenes to "explain" what happened in KH1).

Just power through it until you become Sora. It goes uphill pretty quickly from there.
Not changing this sig until Pat Benatar is in Super Smash Bros. (Started 8/31/2010)
BRAVELY DEFAULT: 1075 - 0844 - 9134 + FS: Pumkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts II
  3. A top ps2 game? What does it do to hook the player?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived