GameCube won't read discs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameCube
  3. GameCube won't read discs

User Info: RockinX

RockinX
5 years ago#1
I used to be able to fix it by recalibrating the lens (though I had to do it VERY often in order to keep playing). I stopped using it because I bought a Wii, but I recently bought a Game Boy Player and I obviously had to turn it on if I wanted to play it.

I was able to make it work around 2 weeks ago, but I started trying to do it again yesterday and no amount of lens calibration will make it start up. Am I safe to assume that my GameCube is dead now?
White: 4727-8034-9319

RockinX
5 years ago#2
Anyone?

User Info: Dangerless

Dangerless
5 years ago#3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmUFzWn_Ak8

This is a last resort fix, if its truly dead.

EDIT: I attempted this twice in the past, I failed fixing mine which was the launch gamecube I had but I managed to save my brothers though.
Although the sky is blue, it's always black.

User Info: SS4kronos33

SS4kronos33
5 years ago#4
you probably need a new laser.go here.they might be able to help you out...................

www.nesrepairshop.com

RockinX
5 years ago#5
Thank you very much, you too! I was starting to feel hopeless. I need to go get some of the Q-tips that the guy in the video described and I'll be ready to try the last resort =)
  1. Boards
  2. GameCube
  3. GameCube won't read discs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived