No Audio - PS2 Slim

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 2
  3. No Audio - PS2 Slim

User Info: Djwlfpack9

Djwlfpack9
11 months ago#1
Attempted to play some PS2 games I received for Christmas and while the system read the discs fine, there was no audio. Tried switching out the cables (composite and the ones that came with the PS2) and still no audio. I take good care of all my systems and had used the PS2 a week ago and had no issues, so I'm a little frustrated.

Any suggestions on how to possibly get audio back, or do I have to just buy another PS2?

User Info: spooie

spooie
11 months ago#2
I'm trying to remember... was there a setting to change the audio to Toslink on PS2? Never used the Slim, so I don't know offhand.
Owner of NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, X360, XBO, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DS Lite, PSP and a lot of crappy games.

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
11 months ago#3
spooie posted...
I'm trying to remember... was there a setting to change the audio to Toslink on PS2? Never used the Slim, so I don't know offhand.

Analog audio is always on. (I think)
You can disable digital in the settings. All PS2s have an optical Toslink plug. No coaxial.
3ds fc: 5026 4515 5016
We'll ion buzz to the blue stars over there!?

Djwlfpack9
11 months ago#4
Lum_Yatsura posted...
spooie posted...

Analog audio is always on. (I think)
You can disable digital in the settings. All PS2s have an optical Toslink plug. No coaxial.

Correct. I've tried all settings and no dice.

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
11 months ago#5
Have you tried re-seating all the wire connections?
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

Djwlfpack9
11 months ago#6
BarbaricAvatar posted...
Have you tried re-seating all the wire connections?

I have, and also used a brand new set of composite cables (from my PS3).

Djwlfpack9
11 months ago#7
Audio is back! I had to reset the connections on my TV and after plugging everything back in and re-mapping all the game systems, the PS2 is back to running as it was previously.

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
11 months ago#8
Yeah, exactly.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 2
  3. No Audio - PS2 Slim

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived