Is Unlimited Saga any good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 2
  3. Is Unlimited Saga any good?

User Info: joesolaris

joesolaris
11 months ago#1
i noticed that it is in the top ten of most active ps2 boards in gamefaqs

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
11 months ago#2
It's due to half-a-dozen gamers--mainly two--on that board heavily into topic posting stuff I'd probably PM. Fortunately, there's no monkey-poo flingers in sight.

[So, idk; I have this game, but I haven't played it (because, backlog).] :/
'~'

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
11 months ago#3
SaGa games are quite different than most JRPGs. They tend to not have EXP or character levels, but instead you have a chance to increase stats that you use and learn techniques for weapons and magic types that you use.

The guide to the mechanics of Unlimited SaGa is over a megabyte of raw text, which is hundreds of pages just to understand how the systems in the game work. It's really intimidating if you don't like pencil and paper/board game RPG mechanics.

The SaGa games are excellent if you like what they do, but if you played and didn't like Final Fantasy II (the one with Firion/Guy/Maria/Leon/Minwu), you generally won't like the SaGa games, because they are produced/directed by the same guy. Final Fantasy Legend 1-3 on the GameBoy were really the first 3 SaGa games.

Unlimited is hard because you have a turn limit to each quest, so you have to understand the game to reliably be able to clear the objectives.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wrines88

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
11 months ago#4
Forget about it being hard to understand.

I understood it perfectly.

The question is - Is it fun?
The Answer: No, no it's not.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 2
  3. Is Unlimited Saga any good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived