Anyone have Problem with DVD Fogging?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 2
  3. Anyone have Problem with DVD Fogging?

User Info: papaya

papaya
11 months ago#1
I have PAL Australia version of Alien Hominid. Rarely used and has been kept in it's case & packed in plastic. Today i brought it out just to realize like many Aussie DVD i got the reflective side has fogs that cannot be removed.

However i have another Rachet & Clank 3 also made in Aussie however the disc is good like their Europe counterparts.

Most of my DVDs are boxset cartoons. Anyone have similar problem or is it just Aussie thing?
(D^_^)D

User Info: Solnot

Solnot
11 months ago#2
I had a similar issue on some newer generation video games (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, etc.) that came in the terrible Eco-box cases with holes underneath where the disc is supposed to sit. I think it comes from moisture or something getting inside through the cases and settling on the discs. Usually I had to gently wipe the discs down with a microfiber cloth using water or rubbing alcohol and it would slowly remove the residue on the disc. I don't think any of it was permanent or if it affected the ability of the disc to play, but I would have to go back and check again.

User Info: papaya

papaya
11 months ago#3
Solnot posted...
I had a similar issue on some newer generation video games (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, etc.) that came in the terrible Eco-box cases with holes underneath where the disc is supposed to sit. I think it comes from moisture or something getting inside through the cases and settling on the discs. Usually I had to gently wipe the discs down with a microfiber cloth using water or rubbing alcohol and it would slowly remove the residue on the disc. I don't think any of it was permanent or if it affected the ability of the disc to play, but I would have to go back and check again.

well my case i always wrap the whole case with plastic wrapper so even if there's humid going in it would be minimal.

my UK Pal discs seems fine, my CD's that have no wrappers just jewel case also don't have these fog/cloud even though some suffered corrosion on the internal sides. I'm not sure if it's the transparent plastic they used on the Disc or humid building up in between the layers.

kinda sad coz they weren't cheap and they don't have Bluray versions of Robotech series so my DVD sets are still the best available set.
(D^_^)D

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
11 months ago#4
i have this on a couple anime dvds i blame it on poor manufacturing
Rand Paul 2016

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
11 months ago#5
I'm no expert on CD conditioning but i'd say it's caused by humidity and/or changing storage conditions (like going from a hot place to a cold place)
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 2
  3. Anyone have Problem with DVD Fogging?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived