is there a difference in unofficial component cables to official one's

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 2
  3. is there a difference in unofficial component cables to official one's

User Info: Snake_Oil

Snake_Oil
6 months ago#21
For around $350 - $400, you can prolly buy a brand new 50-inch 4K UHDTV; which you'll prolly get ALOT MORE practical use out of than a Framemeister... <: P
Just add $10 for the HDMI converter + any spare HDMI cable you might already have layin' around in the house, and you're all set for PS2 gaming.
Which option would you guys prefer?
GET SOME REST!!!

User Info: Iroquois2688

Iroquois2688
6 months ago#22
Snake_Oil posted...
For around $350 - $400, you can prolly buy a brand new 50-inch 4K UHDTV; which you'll prolly get ALOT MORE practical use out of than a Framemeister... <: P
Just add $10 for the HDMI converter + any spare HDMI cable you might already have layin' around in the house, and you're all set for PS2 gaming.
Which option would you guys prefer?

For $30 you can find a PS2 and a CRT at a garage sale. That wasn't the point. The point is if you want the BEST picture, that's unfortunately the amount of money needed to achieve that. A $2000 UHD 4K TV won't make your PS2 games look their best, since HDTVs don't have high end deinterlacers and line doublers built in, while the Framemeister has.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Iroquois2688

Snake_Oil
6 months ago#23
So this 'Framemeister' must be like the new Pioneer Kuro of AV connection devices, and EVERYONE on the planet needs to get one? <: P
Yeah, I'm sold!
Seriously, I think I'll order 100 of 'em...
GET SOME REST!!!

User Info: greekgamer

greekgamer
6 months ago#24
how much is this Framemeister might need it for my nes
[ = [__] = ]
[ + [__] -:- ]

User Info: Iroquois2688

Iroquois2688
6 months ago#25
greekgamer posted...
how much is this Framemeister might need it for my nes

It's about the cost of a current gen console. It's only worth it if you want second to none picture quality. If that stuff doesn't bother you then I'd say there's no need to spend $300-350 on it. Check out some YouTube reviews, specifically by My Life In Gaming.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Iroquois2688

Snake_Oil
6 months ago#26
Yeah really it's not too expensive at all (cheap even) considerin' you won't need a Pioneer Kuro, a professional HDMI upscaler, a good set of reference-grade AV cables, and ISF-certified calibration service... <: P
It's a STEAL even at $1,499.99.
Hurry up ' order yours NOW before they're all gone from the Earth!
Dont forget mention promo code 'Snake Oil' to get a 10% discount on your purchase!
GET SOME REST!!!

User Info: greekgamer

greekgamer
6 months ago#27
Snake_Oil posted...
Yeah really it's not too expensive at all (cheap even) considerin' you won't need a Pioneer Kuro, a professional HDMI upscaler, a good set of reference-grade AV cables, and ISF-certified calibration service... <: P
Dont forget mention promo code 'Snake Oil' to get a 10% discount on your purchase!

for that price I can get all my systems hdmi moded and still have money left over
[ = [__] = ]
[ + [__] -:- ]

Snake_Oil
6 months ago#28
greekgamer posted...
Snake_Oil posted...

for that price I can get all my systems hdmi moded and still have money left over

Hahahar... ; D
GET SOME REST!!!

Snake_Oil
6 months ago#29
On second thought, I'd still much rather get a 4K TV and then wait for a 4K/8K capable upscaler to accompany it. : )
GET SOME REST!!!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 2
  3. is there a difference in unofficial component cables to official one's

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived