Color palet problem in my Ps2. Wondering if someone could help.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 2
  3. Color palet problem in my Ps2. Wondering if someone could help.

User Info: El_Crosono

El_Crosono
7 months ago#1
Im not an english speaker, so that's that. Aja, last week my PS2, wich by the way is hacked, will begin to have a wierd orange color, or the colors will be all messed up, not matching the colors en the normal scheadul, on the startup menu, and when I start a game the colors will flicker from black and white to shades of green, to shades of purple, etc... Despite giving it a cool psichedelic look to my games, it's not the gaming experience i was looking for. I thougth it could be a wire problem or a Tv problem, so I tried changing both and it wouldn't work, so it has to be the console. Thats the problem. The other thing, is that i decided to instal FreeMcboot, the program to play games througth USB and it worked fine, after a few days the ps2 begin to have those problems, and i decided to unistal the program, but it still won't work, I don't know if it is somehow related, I wish not. That's it, great, sorry for going for so long and thanks to anyone who could help in someway.

From the bottom of my heart, El_Crosono

User Info: Andrew Shinn

Andrew Shinn
7 months ago#2
was going to say, component cables plugged into wrong socket, or not connected properly, can cause it to go purple or green, but you checked that.

my friend's first ps2 screwed up & he got it replaced under warranty - the graphics processor went mental & screwed up the colours
R.I.P Nicky-------------Pat---------------Mother Puss
1989-30/4/02__1988-20/11/02__198?-22/12/02

User Info: El_Crosono

El_Crosono
7 months ago#3
Andrew Shinn posted...
was going to say, component cables plugged into wrong socket, or not connected properly, can cause it to go purple or green, but you checked that.

my friend's first ps2 screwed up & he got it replaced under warranty - the graphics processor went mental & screwed up the colours

Also Im new here, hello and thanks for answering. That's odd since every ps2 I've seen its indestructible haven't have any problems ever bessides the disc reader?? I don't know how it is said in english. Also been searching on someone having a similar problem and haven't found nothing, such a shame. Anyway, liking it being here so far.

User Info: Andrew Shinn

Andrew Shinn
7 months ago#4
oh yeh, his is the only one i've heard of having the GPU go haywire. They certainly seem more solid than the xbox & 360
R.I.P Nicky-------------Pat---------------Mother Puss
1989-30/4/02__1988-20/11/02__198?-22/12/02
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 2
  3. Color palet problem in my Ps2. Wondering if someone could help.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived