Do arcades still exist?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Arcade Games
  3. Do arcades still exist?
DumpsterMcNuggets 4 months ago#21
kenff6 posted...
There's this really outdated company in British Columbia Canada that has had an arcade open for the last 30 years. I was there recently and there's still Turtles, Mortal Kombat 2, that Superman game (where you can charge your punches) and so on...

That's interesting to see that place in BC, has survived.

That said, if you ever visit the Chicago area(like my long post I made above in this thread), you REALLY should visit Galloping Ghost Arcade in Brookfield. It's $20 for all day play, THE biggest arcade in the Midwest, and you can exit and reenter as MUCH as you want that same day till they close(2am). You can easily take Uber or Lyft to get there, btw. And it isn't too far, from 2 Metra(BNSF line) stops that have train service everyday(either La Grange Rd. in downtown La Grange, or Brookfield). You also could get off at Congress Park going west from Chicago on Metra, but unfortunately only a limited number of trains stop there on weekdays. There's supposedly a new retro arcade with the same all day play concept in Lisle(Pixel Blast), but I haven't gone there yet.

And of course, Underground Retrocade in West Dundee, and Chicago Street Pinball Arcade in Joliet are nice as well. Plus of course, there are numerous 'barcade' hybrid arcade/bar places within the city of Chicago(i.e. Logan Arcade, Emporium(2 locations), Headquarters, Replay(now 3 locations, since they took over one of the 2 locations from Headquarters in a recent lawsuit I don't totally understand), and Uptown Arcade Bar to name examples).
#BoycottIMDB , & check out these boards: http://www.moviechat.org/ (1 of my 2 fav alternate sites)
http://imdb2.freeforums.net/ (other fav IMDB alternate)

User Info: John_Hawkwood

John_Hawkwood
4 months ago#22
I have a few here in Myrtle Beach, SC. Granted most of them are just money grabber machines with the usual Skee ball type and cookie cutter ones, but my favorite is in the Player's Choice store in the old mall. The guy running the store has assembled a great collection of retro arcade cabinets which only cost a quarter to play.

Few of the games range from Pac-Man, Gauntlet, Frogger, Mortal Kombat II, and more. I believe all in all he has about 30 cabinets with a few pinball machines.

User Info: SS4kronos33

SS4kronos33
4 months ago#23
yes...i am attempting to buy a rush n attack arcade
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata (1959-2015).

User Info: este914

este914
4 months ago#24
@ReggieBush09 What was the last arcade you been to?
This Space For Rent.

User Info: ReggieBush09

ReggieBush09
4 months ago#25
este914 posted...

90s bro
Don't hurt me daddeh

User Info: Breastmilkn_Dip

Breastmilkn_Dip
4 months ago#26
kenff6 posted...
There's this really outdated company in British Columbia Canada that has had an arcade open for the last 30 years. I was there recently and there's still Turtles, Mortal Kombat 2, that Superman game (where you can charge your punches) and so on...

Wow, I totally forgot that game existed until this post.

"I'm not stupid but with America's help, I'm getting there."

User Info: Snake_Oil

Snake_Oil
3 months ago#27
ReggieBush09 posted...
este914 posted...

90s bro

80s hoe
GET SOME REST!!!

User Info: JohnnyKooch

JohnnyKooch
3 months ago#28
To also add to the post about Chicago area arcades, Logan Arcade is another great Bar / Arcade.
It also has Killer Queen, a relatively modern 10 player, 5v5 team game that is AMAZING.
I actually just got back home from travelling there for their 20th tournament. It was huge with around 150 people showing up. The Barcade itself is great too.
i5-4690k OC 4.6Ghz - GTX 1070 - 8GB DDR3 -
3DS: 1006-1758-5189 PSN: JohnnyKooch

User Info: SamuraiJohnny

SamuraiJohnny
3 months ago#29
I use Dave and busters

and

mame cade
Dave and Busters rocks
I dont eat burger king

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
3 months ago#30
Yes, but rarely here in the U.S.
  1. Boards
  2. Arcade Games
  3. Do arcades still exist?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived