Arcade Machine help, game doesn't start

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Arcade Games
  3. Arcade Machine help, game doesn't start

User Info: ItchyIsVegeta

ItchyIsVegeta
7 months ago#1
I converted my Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 arcade machine to a MAME cabinet years ago, and recently tried returning it back to factory. However, I am now getting a blank screen, then flashing static on the monitor when left on. No power on self test beeping like normal, so pretty sure it isn't the monitor.

Measured the power supply. 12v output is putting out just slightly above 10v, and the -5 is putting out -4.3v. Don't know if that is within tolerance for the UMK3 board or not.

Before it was a MAME cabinet, I had swapped many arcade boards back and forth on this machine with no issues. UMK3 board was in storage for many years, very little if not no chance of getting wet. JAMMA power supply was not used in the MAME configuration, but I don't remember if I had unplugged and replugged the power cord going to it or not.

If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears. Here's a vid with my steady hands after an energy drink, and my annoying voice:

https://youtu.be/BVgHf1iY6_c
XBOX Gamertag: ITCHYisVegeta

User Info: ItchyIsVegeta

ItchyIsVegeta
7 months ago#2
Fixed. Turned out to be the power supply, despite outputting 5 volts. Must have a bad cap or something, where it doesn't output a smooth DC voltage.
XBOX Gamertag: ITCHYisVegeta
  1. Boards
  2. Arcade Games
  3. Arcade Machine help, game doesn't start

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived