2009 Flashback - My friend loses his home/arcade to fire

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Arcade Games
  3. 2009 Flashback - My friend loses his home/arcade to fire

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
5 months ago#1
I only had the chance to visit once before Terry's house burned down, but this place was awesome and I just wanted to share it with you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB5Ta3CdBRc

After this, he began collecting games again and had several hundred of them in one of his warehouses (he and his twin brother own a successful sign company). He wound up building a new 9000(!) sq ft home, split into 3000 for living space, 3000 for bar/pool tables/table games/etc, and 3000 for arcade. I fell out of contact with him and haven't had the opportunity to check it out unfortunately, but I imagine it's AWESOME. I had the chance to play some of the games while they were in his warehouse, and at that time, I played the hell out of the sitdown Sinistar cabinet. He raided several warehouses after that and bought their entire contents, so I can only imagine how much he has now.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: Breastmilkn_Dip

Breastmilkn_Dip
5 months ago#2
A damn shame. Looked like a great place to hang out.

"The American people are basically anti-intellectual." - Philip K. Dick

GinsuVictim
5 months ago#3
Breastmilkn_Dip posted...
A damn shame. Looked like a great place to hang out.

It was. Glad I had the chance to see it when I did.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
(message deleted)

User Info: DyingPancake

DyingPancake
5 months ago#5
I always worry about this sort of thing

I had just moved into my new house last year and set the dishwasher to run right before I went to bed. I woke up the next morning and the whole first floor was flooded. A line disconnected while the washer was going. I was pissed off and was going to get my wet/dry vac and remembered I had it in the basement. Basements in NC are kinda rare and I didn't even think of the water dripping into it. I walked in and my heart just sunk. At least an inch of water covered the whole basement and my games were just sitting there getting drenched. I was so angry I was seeing red. Luckily all but one were salvageable and still working and the basement wasn't finished so nothing was ruined.

Now I'm always paranoid when leaving for a good amount of time
Under a cold October sky, I wait
I had ice cream with quincy2000a!

GinsuVictim
5 months ago#6
DyingPancake posted...
I always worry about this sort of thing

I had just moved into my new house last year and set the dishwasher to run right before I went to bed. I woke up the next morning and the whole first floor was flooded. A line disconnected while the washer was going. I was pissed off and was going to get my wet/dry vac and remembered I had it in the basement. Basements in NC are kinda rare and I didn't even think of the water dripping into it. I walked in and my heart just sunk. At least an inch of water covered the whole basement and my games were just sitting there getting drenched. I was so angry I was seeing red. Luckily all but one were salvageable and still working and the basement wasn't finished so nothing was ruined.

Now I'm always paranoid when leaving for a good amount of time

Yeah, we never leave anything like that running at night because we're concerned something will happen exactly like what you experienced. Sorry to hear that.
  1. Boards
  2. Arcade Games
  3. 2009 Flashback - My friend loses his home/arcade to fire

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived