What was this game...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Arcade Games
  3. What was this game...

User Info: Tixus

Tixus
4 months ago#1
I saw it once when I was a kid. One time, sometime in early-mid 90's. I was on vacation with my family, and saw it in some restaurant arcade. The only reason I can remember it is because of the strangeness of the scenario it presented. I've Google searched for this a number of times, and the fact that I can't find any leads at all is bugging the hell out of me. I think the only way I'm going to identify this mystery game is if I find someone else who knows it.

It was a game where you fought in a ring--so it may have been boxing or wrestling...I guess it could have also been a fighting game. The opponent being fought was a virus, I think. When it showed the opponent's weight class, it was some absurdly small number like 0.000000001 kg. It looked to have the appearance of just a green outline of a heavy-weight fighter that you could see through. Whatever it was, it was kicking the ass of whoever was playing against it. I can't remember if I was watching someone play, or if it was one of those prerecorded demos. The only thing I know with absolute certainty is that it was not Punch Out. You play as a green wireframe in that one; this one, you were fighting against one that faced toward the screen.

Did I just dream this game? I need closure on this awkwardly-specific memory.
"McAfee is one of the worst products on the ****ing planet." - John McAfee

User Info: Breastmilkn_Dip

Breastmilkn_Dip
4 months ago#2
Sorry, doesn't ring any bells unfortunately.

Mero: "Show me your ***t. I want to see if it's worth fighting for."

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
4 months ago#3
I don't see a virus opponent, but is Title Fight (1992) the game you mean?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYcyh06MlWU
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: d_parker

d_parker
3 months ago#4
Find a collection of MAME romset screenshots - you might find the name that way.
  1. Boards
  2. Arcade Games
  3. What was this game...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived