C64 memories

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Commodore 64
  3. C64 memories

User Info: Simon33333

Simon33333
3 years ago#1
Thought i would start a new topic to talk about your C64 memories. Favourite games.. or whatever else you want.

I will start with some of my faves:

Creatures
Bubble bobble
Rainbow Islands
Turrican 1 and 2

and a wonderful two player game.. rocketball!

Good times.

i will also give honourale mention to the loading screen for delta.. that is just awesome.
Piehead.
(message deleted)

User Info: Slayer

Slayer
3 years ago#3
I never owned this, but I played on it before. Haven't played on C64 since the '90s.

Simon33333
3 years ago#4
ok thanks for your post. C64 was the machine of my childhood.
Piehead.

Simon33333
3 years ago#5
hey since the board isnt that active.. wanna mention/post any games you remember playing?
Piehead.

User Info: C64Gamer

C64Gamer
3 years ago#6
I remember spending hours in Starcross just trying to figure out how to open the outer hatch on the alien spaceship. I also remember my brother and I laughing ourselves sick by making the little guy in Mission Impossible fall to his death over and over again -- AAAAAAaaaAAAAAAAHHHHhhhhhh!!!

Good times. I've still got a C64 (and a bunch of games for it), I just don't have it set up at the moment.

Simon33333
3 years ago#7
Starcross is a text adventure. Those were always very tough to work out what on earth you are supposed to do. On the Hulk i got stuck right at the start where you are tied to your chair. Apparently ou have to write 'bite lip' which turns you into the hulk. What a stupid thing! how are you supposed to know to bite your lip. And famous five i also played a bit that was a text adventure.

I have seen mission impossible but never played it. That has the simulated speech at the start doesnt it. (stay a while.. stay FOREVER!).
Piehead.

User Info: C64Gamer

C64Gamer
3 years ago#8
Yep, that's the one. It also throws in another line or two throughout the game like "Destroy him, my robots" when you enter certain rooms or maniacal laughter when you lose your last life.

Text adventures were my favorite -- I could spend hours trying to guess what to do next in the Zork games, but I never could figure out what the hell I was supposed to do in Deadline (you have to be in certain places at certain times, and good luck trying to figure out which of the eleventy billion locations you're supposed to be in during which times).

Speaking of simulated speech, I have a copy of the S.A.M. text to speech program, but it was copied a bit wonky so it takes some fiddling with the drive and a screwdriver just to get it to boot up at all.

I never played the Questprobe Hulk text adventure, but I do have a copy of the Spider-Man one where you're trying to solve a bunch of Mysterio's traps. And yeah, some of the solutions were pretty goofy. Is Sandman stopping you from getting a gem out of a crib? No problem, just enter the room by crawling on the ceiling instead of walking on the floor and he won't notice you at all (what?).

Simon33333
3 years ago#9
I kind of like the text adventures but its too easy to get stuck.
Piehead.

Simon33333
3 years ago#10
Do you own a C64? I used to have one but it was thrown away unfortunately.
Piehead.
  1. Boards
  2. Commodore 64
  3. C64 memories

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived