C64 memories

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Commodore 64
  3. C64 memories

User Info: RichPlaystation

RichPlaystation
2 years ago#171
I remember playing an R-Type game on the Amiga I think? Maybe it was the C64 version though.... it was on a floppy disk anyway. Amiga is the system I often confuse in my head with the C64 because we had both at the same time when I was a kid (and my brother had a Vic-20 before I was born).

I might have said that before, but eh my memory sucks.
I have access to the arcade versions of R-Type so I might try those, that way I don't have to be any good at it ;D *infinite coins*
The PS1 is probably my fave console just because it has my fave games on it though.
Brotherhood. Peace. Unity.
In the name of Kane.

User Info: Simon33333

Simon33333
2 years ago#172
Amiga had better visuals obviously but from what i heard i prefer music and sound on the C64. Havent heard much amiga though to be honest.

Not that familiar with PS1 only played a few PS1 games using backwards compatibility of the PS2.
Piehead.

RichPlaystation
2 years ago#173
I do remember the music from Base Jumpers being good on the Amiga:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHzWI3ufnus

I'm pretty sure it as a demo that we had though, you got to collect three letter combos in the first part for some funny upgrades and stuff, and then you get extra points for killing other jumpers :P It was such a weird mix of silly and violent. At the end of the video you get to see all the mini games they crammed in too! Woe just noticed that Block Bomber is the same game as Super Blitz on the C64, nice.
It might have been the first game I ever saw blood in actually.... now I think back haha. It was either that or the two player game 'Extreme Violence'.

My top recommends for PS1 are always: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy (7/9/whatever your preference) and Medievil1/2.
In the name of Kane.

Simon33333
2 years ago#174
yeah its not bad but nothing special (music of base jumpers).

game looks fairly interesting! Nowadays we get a lot of mini game complilation type things.

Thanks for recommendations! Im not gaming at the moment but if i start i would fdefinitely consider metal gear (which i have heard a LOT about but never played!) or final fantasy. Though to be honest i never was a fan of stealth games.. with the exception of beyond good and evil where the stealth is actually fun for a change!

I kind of liked splinter cell to a degree too i suppose.
Piehead.

Simon33333
2 years ago#175
this is some great music! If you have time listen to it all since it is non looping and has awesome second section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzlK_JNuOGE
Piehead.

RichPlaystation
2 years ago#176
Nice music! I don't really know of many video game music composers but Ron Hubbard comes up a lot.
Barrington Phelong is one I see a lot too on Revolution games (Beneath a Steel Sky, Broken Sword etc.), his music is great in those. The other obvious names for me to think of are Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy) and Harry Gregson-Williams (Metal Gear series).
In the name of Kane.

Simon33333
2 years ago#177
yeah i am not familar with video game composers either. The only two i know are Rob Hubbard and i think Martin Galway is the other guys name also C64 composer he wrote the music for wizball (pretty cool game).

if we are coming away from C64 games one game where i think the music stands out as being brilliant is Chrono trigger.
Piehead.

Simon33333
2 years ago#178
bump.
Piehead.

RichPlaystation
2 years ago#179
Chrono Trigger is a game I have (well more like 'have'), but it's in my line of games to play!
In the name of Kane.

Simon33333
2 years ago#180
its pretty good. Do enjoy the music! has like 10 or so really good tracks. and then a load which are just fairly ok.
Piehead.
  1. Boards
  2. Commodore 64
  3. C64 memories

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived