Replica systems?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Commodore 64
  3. Replica systems?

User Info: PJRandallChevik

PJRandallChevik
2 years ago#1
I've always been interested in the 8-bit microcomputers of the 80's, and would love to tinker with one (My first computer was a Windows 3.1/ MS-DOS box). This seems to be the most populated old computer board, so my question is this; would it be worth my time to track down, say, a ZX Spectrum, or a Commodore 64? Do any companies make replica systems? How would I find software? If you would suggest emulation, can you point me in a direction to help me get started? Thanks!
PSN- SWATkatT-BONE XBL- Earthwyrm Jym
To be this good takes AGES. To be THIS good takes SEGA!

User Info: Numba1linesmen

Numba1linesmen
2 years ago#2
I am not very savvy with things like this, but I hope you figure it out!

Always good to have a hobby
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jGeytRCJMlo

User Info: Zednark

Zednark
2 years ago#3
I don't know of any repros, but getting a raspberry pi and loading it up with erm... goodies seems wise.

You can do a lot with a raspberry pi. If you're gonna go the route, why limit yourself to 8 Bit? The Amiga is fun too.
"It's the start of the game. They can't kill us off yet." - Rincewind

User Info: RichPlaystation

RichPlaystation
2 years ago#4
I'm not gonna suggest trying the forum of websites like emuparadise..... but try the forum on the emuparadise website.

They seem pretty happy to help with any issues you might be having, as well as holding most of the software and whatnot you might want.
Brotherhood. Peace. Unity.
In the name of Kane.
  1. Boards
  2. Commodore 64
  3. Replica systems?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived