This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Eaglerulez's guides to building a computer Version 2.

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Eaglerulez's guides to building a computer Version 2.

User Info: kidcrumb

kidcrumb
9 years ago#451
yeah thanks. ive learned a lot and also nice job people on keeping this topic up. its been up here for like 2 months or more.
athlon 64 3400+ 2.2GHz, evga7600GT, 2.5GB mix of value ram and corsair (awesome comp, i know)

User Info: brownmanz

brownmanz
9 years ago#452
500??
The truth is out there:7/25/2008

User Info: Yakuza_Master1

Yakuza_Master1
9 years ago#453
this is a great guide i learned a great deal about my future build thanks to this, i only have one thing you didn't mention (i dont think) :

Phase Change Cooling - a module that uses rapid heating and re-cooling to change water to vapor and back, allowing for high levels of cooling, one ive seen online went to -50 C. the end is attached to the CPU first and foremost, allowing for extreme overclocking, however, the price range for these are VERY steep (im thinking of getting one thats $800 and something) and some models (maybe all) need custom cases to be fitted on, limiting your choice of fanciness.

a quick recap:

Advantages: super cooling performance, great for overclocking,

Disadvantages: Expensive, May Require custom case.

a good place to look at a Pahse Change cooler is FrozenCPU.com under Phase Change.
http://www.petitiononline.com/AC3Re/petition.html
Help to remake Ace combat 3! im #767

User Info: Keyeszx

Keyeszx
9 years ago#454
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: Hyper Knux522

Hyper Knux522
9 years ago#455
This answered all of my questions. Great guide.

Now I just need to keep saving my money.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEC2rc79yVo
"I'm pretty sure that ending is against the law." - MakMan333

User Info: Keyeszx

Keyeszx
9 years ago#456
Eagle I was wondering can you start up a computer or at least have power flow through one without a CPU? I heard if you don't have one your computer should make a beep but I don't even get any fans or lights on. So I think my mobo might be dead or I accidentally shocked it. But I hope you just need a CPU to actually get it to work.

I don't have one yet since I've been waiting for the price drop and I have everything else. Sucks that I didn't wait for the GPU price drops. I should have could have gotten a better card, but that isn't the point. Please answer ASAP.
Wii FC: 2436-5168-4125-4764 J!US FC: 2964-5404-1818 TELL ME IF YOU ADD ME

User Info: AlucardZero

AlucardZero
9 years ago#457
No.
E2160 @ 3.1Ghz|ACF7Pro|MSI HD3850 256|P35 DS3L|G.Skill 2GB 800|Centurion 5|250GB WD|Antec Earthwatts 430|XP Pro|
I applaud you for going through all of this work Eaglerulez

This will be very helpful for me to build a computer for the sake of learning more about computers. Which also will inevitably help me when I go to college this fall to work towards my computer science major.
Blood Furnace: Florellina 60 Belf Rogue Skywall: Florellina 70 Nelf Hunter | XBL: StealthyDan89

User Info: gamecubemayun

gamecubemayun
9 years ago#459
thanks this topic will help me build my computer!
Town:Froggy name:Michael
FC:1160 2612 9499

User Info: gamecubemayun

gamecubemayun
9 years ago#460
and now i understand what to do when building a computer.

to 500!
Town:Froggy name:Michael
FC:1160 2612 9499
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Eaglerulez's guides to building a computer Version 2.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed