This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AoE: 3 Gold Edition or Warcraft 3 BattleChest

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AoE: 3 Gold Edition or Warcraft 3 BattleChest

User Info: Zakinator

Zakinator
5 years ago#1
They are both about the same price on Amazon and Age of Empires 2 is the first RTS game i ever played and I spent sooo much time on AoE: 2 and Mythology, but I just started playing WoW and it might add to the feeling of playing Warcraft 3 if that makes any sense lol. So just wondering about Opinions on the 2

User Info: Rajhin

Rajhin
5 years ago#2
I'd suggest Warcraft 3 Battlechest. Extremely long campaign from Reign of Chaos to the Frozen Throne, and the multiplayer is really fun and still played today.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | i5 2500k | 6870 | Corsair 650W | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 | 1680x1050 22.5" | Das Ultimate S | R.A.T. 7

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
5 years ago#3
Warcraft 3, the campaign is great. I never got into MP. I couldn't understand all the weird flooded game modes, I just wanted 1v1.
AMD Phenom II X2 565 Dual Core 3.4 Black Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 | ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB | Msi 760GM-P23(FX) AM3+| Antec 300 Mini Tower | 500GB HDD

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
5 years ago#4
I say WC3 as well. Huge "Age of" fan but I thought that AoE3 was the worst.
Current generation game count:
X360 - 139 / Wii - 20 / PS3 - 11 / 3DS - 3 / DS - 8 / PSP - 9 / PC - 51

User Info: snesmaster40

snesmaster40
5 years ago#5
Definitely Warcraft 3.
SRWG-W - http://www.srwg-w.org/
Are we not men?

Zakinator
5 years ago#6
Alright I ordered the battle best from Amazon I'll post what I think of it in like a week

User Info: Ringo_88

Ringo_88
5 years ago#7
Excellent choice, Warcraft 3 is an awesome, awesome game. In fact, this topic has made me decide to reinstall it!
Phenom II 720X3 @ 3.5, Zotac GTX 460@800/1600, 500gb Seagate HDD, 4GB DDR3 Ram, ASUS M4A78T-E Mobo

User Info: CommunismFTW

CommunismFTW
5 years ago#8
I say WC3 as well. Huge "Age of" fan but I thought that AoE3 was the worst.
Means to justify an end
http://i.imgur.com/OhZgm.jpg

User Info: Gynthaeres

Gynthaeres
5 years ago#9
WC3 is, imo, the best RTS Blizzard has produced, and it has one of the best stories Blizzard has done. It's a spectacular game.
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.

Zakinator
5 years ago#10
Ringo_88 posted...
Excellent choice, Warcraft 3 is an awesome, awesome game. In fact, this topic has made me decide to reinstall it!

well then you're welcome sir (or madam)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AoE: 3 Gold Edition or Warcraft 3 BattleChest

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived