This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is a GPU considered failing if it still works 'some' of the time?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is a GPU considered failing if it still works 'some' of the time?

User Info: spanishbob

spanishbob
4 years ago#11
BeanCounter64 posted...
BMANZZS posted...
EternalNether posted...
It's a Seasonic X 650w.

Backstory here: I moved across the country a month ago and shipped my computer to myself to get it here. During shipping my heatsink fell off of my CPU (stock intel heatsink) and it landed on my GPU. I don't know when that happened but odds are it tumbled around inside the case quite a bit and damaged my GPU in the process because it's been doing this ever since. My Motherboard was protected mostly due to its thermal armor (Sabertooth P67 MoBo). I got a new heatsink and the CPU works fine.

Well, just don't tell MSI that when you RMA it >_>

That is not ethical. I would not RMA the gpu.

I had a Sapphire 5770, that I know I had damaged. I decided not to claim a warranty as this would have been dishonest.

But then we don't know if that IS the reason for the GPU playing up. It could be pure coincidence. I had a similar problem on an old, old Geforce (one of the first ones). Major artifacting, random crashes, etc. Eventually the card completely died.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is a GPU considered failing if it still works 'some' of the time?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived