This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.
Help with my build
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
What do you guys think? This is already a little over my budget so if anyone knows of cheaper parts that are just as good as what I have there, please let me know. Also, is that power supply good enough for what I have there? Thanks!
1) cpu is not overclockable, so you should either choose one that is, or get something cheaper. and you have better motherboard options in that price range.
2) what exactly is your budget?
3) power supply is fine. will handle crossfire if you ever chose to do that.
4) you put an external hard drive there. if that was the purpose in the first place (to use an SSD and have the big drive as an external) then ignore this one.
5) you can get some cheaper ram as a combo with that gpu.
1. I don't plan to overclock but is there a different CPU you would suggest? 2. I was trying to stay around $700-750 for the components, plus I need windows & a monitor. All the components come out to $768.93 3. Good news! 4. That was the purpose, SSD for boot drive and then the external for everything else (since its cheaper than an internal of the same size) 5. I replaced the RAM with what the other guy suggested and saved a few bucks
in the price range of your current build, I suggest getting the i5 2500K/Biostar TZ77XE3. it's the same price as your current mob/cpu and you'll be getting a little better of a motherboard and an unlocked cpu (even if you don't want to oc, you might change your mind and it will help in the long run anyway) because why pay the same price and get less out of it. if you plan to never overclock, you need not get a Z77 board. you can save a lot by getting a B75/H77 board.
get these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.960197 - gpu/ram
"There is nothing new under EA." - Fony http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2363251