This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does D3 only utilize a single core?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does D3 only utilize a single core?

User Info: unsolidsnake

unsolidsnake
5 years ago#1
I have this little monitoring app on my G19 that shows CPU usage and has a little usage bar for each core of my 1090t. In Diablo one of the cores is at a steady 100% usage, and all the others stay around 5%-10%

Just wondering. The game doesn't really feel smooth enough to be running on my 7970...
http://speedtest.net/result/1396638311.png

User Info: Louisville15

Louisville15
5 years ago#2
Runs perfectly fine on my PC.
i7 930 @ 3.6 | 2x MSI GTX 560Ti 2GB Twin Frozr II | EVGA E758 | 6GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Windows 7 64bit | OCZ ZX1250 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | AW2310 | Antec 1200

User Info: unsolidsnake

unsolidsnake
5 years ago#3
It runs fine, and FRAPS tracks it at 55-60fps all the time. Idk maybe the choppiness I'm seeing is server lag. it seems like it ran better before today.
http://speedtest.net/result/1396638311.png

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
5 years ago#4
Never seen any benchmark that proves it to scale beyond 2 cores
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
Won't get Battlefield 3 until all DLC is included

User Info: Shadow Edge

Shadow Edge
5 years ago#5
Clock by clock, my i3-2100 is better. I still get framerate drops on my 5850. I went as low as 20s when there were a ****load of things happenin.
I have this sig just to get past the "no all caps" error when my message is just numbers or an acronym.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does D3 only utilize a single core?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived