This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does this fan controller connect to the motherboard?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How does this fan controller connect to the motherboard?

User Info: BeanCounter64

BeanCounter64
5 years ago#1
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_511&products_id=20290

It mentions that the fan controller constantly interacts with the motherboard, but how would it be connected to the motherboard?
"The Wii board - where some people go to be trolls, and others go to be trolled." (LimblessQuasar 2011)
Playing Anno 1404: Can I produce spices yet?

User Info: thaandiesel

thaandiesel
5 years ago#2
ide imagine a molex connection. cant see you going from a sys_fan header off the motherboard, cuz most motherboards have programs that can control those headers.
<- Q9550@3.3 - G31M - Hyper 212+ - 4 gig 1066 - GTX 470 650mhz - xfi 5.1 usb - turtle beach HPA2 true 5.1 - 64 gig Mushkin SSD ->

BeanCounter64
5 years ago#3
Can someone please read the full product description in my link and then answer my question? No disrespect to the above poster by the way.
"The Wii board - where some people go to be trolls, and others go to be trolled." (LimblessQuasar 2011)

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
5 years ago#4
Well, we have the same information available to us that you do, and it doesn't say how, nor does it show a picture of the cables or anything. That means we can't tell you for sure. However, I would guess it would have to be a USB connection, since the motherboard really doesn't have any other way to transfer data to a peripheral like that.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

BeanCounter64
5 years ago#5
Okay, cheers KillerTruffle. It is kind of a lame product description when it is without an explanation that I would have thought would be critical.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How does this fan controller connect to the motherboard?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived