This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just real quick question ^.^

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just real quick question ^.^

User Info: LinkIsSpartan

LinkIsSpartan
5 years ago#1
i know this MAY be the wrong board but i got a question about QoS on my netgear dng2200. I want to prioritze psn network.

You see, i got a bunch of family members using the internet. My dad usually leaves his downloads on before he goes to sleep, so during then my internet games lag. If i prioritize playstation network, would i still get lag even when someone else is downloading something on my network?

There a 4 categories : Online gaming, Ethernet LAN, applications and MAC address. I should choose 'Online gaming', right? What about MAC address of my playstation? which one would be better?

when adding the rule, i get these options:

Specified Port Range
Connection Type
Starting Port (1~65535)
Ending Port (1~65535)

i thought i would of just had to type in the static ip address of my playstation. What do i have to add in those fields? the ports? if so, playstation network has many ports...

Thanks !
Understand, Man is not a machine - he needs a surface, a purpose and a reason of being.

User Info: LinkIsSpartan

LinkIsSpartan
5 years ago#2
EDIT: I just click MAC address category and my Playstation MAC was already there. Should i just choose that? will that priotize EVERYTHING on my playstation including downloads and online gaming?
Understand, Man is not a machine - he needs a surface, a purpose and a reason of being.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just real quick question ^.^

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived