This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A few questions before I build

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A few questions before I build

User Info: Avius_Herous

Avius_Herous
5 years ago#1
I'm going to be picking my parts up in a few hours so I was wondering if I need to do anything with the SSD before I install Win 7 on it. Basically do I need to change any bio settings or format it a certain way etc.?

The Asus board I have has a usb that I can use to update the bio's. Should I update the bio's first or let the board boot and set everything up first and then update?

When I install the Hyper 212 EVO do I still just make a pea size dot of thermal paste? I've seen a few different application ways and figured it would be best to ask some experienced users.

Any tips I should know before I start? I'm a bit nervous :).

User Info: Dragnfyr

Dragnfyr
5 years ago#2
Make sure you have the SATA mode set to AHCI in the BIOS. Also you'll format the SSD during the install process.
Asus M4A88TD-M | Phenom II X4 B55@3.80GHz | 8GB DDR3-1333 | 40GB+64GB SSD | Corsair TX650 | eVGA GTX 470@750/1800 | Samsung T240 | Win 7 x64 | MacBook Air 11.6

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
5 years ago#3
Also update the firmware on the SSD if needed.

User Info: Shub

Shub
5 years ago#4

And do it before installing the OS if you can. Just in case.

P.S. it's "BIOS" (Basic Input/Output System), not "bio" or "bio's" -- this isn't biology :)
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: Avius_Herous

Avius_Herous
5 years ago#5
Alright guys thanks for the help.

And do it before installing the OS if you can. Just in case.

P.S. it's "BIOS" (Basic Input/Output System), not "bio" or "bio's" -- this isn't biology :)

lol thanks, I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A few questions before I build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived