This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need help. Windows 7 isn't detecting my pci cards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I need help. Windows 7 isn't detecting my pci cards.

User Info: Tommy2GoGo

Tommy2GoGo
4 years ago#1
I made a topic about how my pci graphics card isn't loading on my windows 7.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/63276844

I did a clean reinstallation of my windows XP os. And my graphics card WAS working. I managed to install the updates and get my card to work. it was on a 32bit os though. So all of my 8gb of ram weren't really there.

I decided to reinstall Windows 7. As soon as I did, my video card wasn't being detected. It's a pci card. Not pci-e. When I plug the graphics card and load the computer with my vga cable plugged into it, IT does load. But it can't detect it. Weird..I know. Anyhows. I noticed there was a pci-to-pci bridge error on my computer. When i look at the device manager. In my 'adapter type' It isn't showing any information. There was a conflict with vgasave / pci-to-pci bridge. I decided to disable the pci bridge and the conflict between those two left.

Yet, my graphics card wasn't being detected. I then decide to remove and disable ports I don't need 'com port, controller port, printer port etc.' And it still wouldn't load. I decide to load a different pci card. It was a wreless pci adapter. As soon as i booted the computer, I noticed my computer wasn't detecting it. I then decide to load a simple phone modem pci card. And that didn't get read either.

So i've come to the conclusion that my windows 7 os isn't reading any of my pci cards.
I know my pci slots are working, considering I was able to load my pci graphics card and install the drivers correctly using windows xp on this motherboard. Yet, when I load up my windows 7 os, the pci slots aren't working properly.

I need help figuring this out.

tldr; Why are my pci slots not working on windows 7 but in windows xp my pci cards work perfectly.

A little info, my motherboard is a AM2NF6G-VSTA . I've loaded all the drivers from their website. http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=AM2NF6G-VSTA
with windows xp everything works perfectly. With windows 7, my pci slots aren't really functioning properly. I desperatly need help. I 've been trying to figure this out for about a week now.

I thought my pci graphics card was just not working with my motherboard. then I assumed my pci slots might be fried. But the main conclusion i've gotten is my pci slots are just not working on windows 7.

User Info: Lonestar2000

Lonestar2000
4 years ago#2
Did you install the chipset drivers?
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335

User Info: Tommy2GoGo

Tommy2GoGo
4 years ago#3
Yes I did and it still didn't fixed the issue. I assumed it was a motherboard / hardware problem. But being able to run the pci graphics card on my windows xp with this motherboard made me realize that it might be a software problem. I may be missing something to install, or something in windows 7 is just not being installed.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I need help. Windows 7 isn't detecting my pci cards.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived