This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Windows 8 OEM will be $60-$80

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 8 OEM will be $60-$80

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
5 years ago#21
Mostly because manufacturers still expect people to use sleep mode rather than full shutdown.
There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

User Info: kaitokun

kaitokun
5 years ago#22
So would you folks rather use vista or 8
LoL IGN: djkarasu

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
5 years ago#23
8 no question. 8 has performance gains over 7 in most categories and Vista ain't getting any further away from EOL.
There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

User Info: AutoRiot___

AutoRiot___
5 years ago#24
kaitokun posted...

What sort of ridiculous situation would you be forced to make that choice in? Windows 7 is a more practical operating system for desktop PCs than Windows 8, fact.
i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | GTX570 Phantom @ 920/2000 | 8GB 1600MHz Vengeance | P67 Sabertooth | 5TB HD | HX750 | Corsair H50 | ASUS Essence STX | Obsidian 800D

User Info: betatech

betatech
5 years ago#25
The only reason right now I would pick up w8 is if they have the discounted upgrade in the UK and I can use one of my old licenses.

Even then I would keep W7 as my main OS and W8 will just be for when I'm required to use it.
Gigabyte P45-DS3, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.

User Info: kaitokun

kaitokun
5 years ago#26
AutoRiot___ posted...
kaitokun posted...

What sort of ridiculous situation would you be forced to make that choice in? Windows 7 is a more practical operating system for desktop PCs than Windows 8, fact.

of course it is ridiculous. This was meant as a gun to the head kind of question. clearly that was lost somewhere between me typing and you reading. Also you look earlier in the thread i have already stated that I will just keep using 7.
LoL IGN: djkarasu
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 8 OEM will be $60-$80

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived