This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

need a new video card and looking for suggestions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. need a new video card and looking for suggestions

User Info: FrogmasterPaul

FrogmasterPaul
4 years ago#1
one of the fans on my msi 560 ti 2g decided to crap out on me recently it started with a minor clicking sound that went away after it spun up and progressed to an annoying vibrating in the case and im noticing nasty performance problems in games i shouldnt and didnt have with it before the problem ( who lags in dalaran at 1 am honestly its not even on max settings)

i put in for an rma but ive never heard any positive stories about the quality and performance of an rma referbished card so im assuming its going to be a piece of crap

im just not sure if i should get a second one of these and sli them together after the rma or sli 2 cheaper ones like a 550 and maybey see a better performance out of them

price range is 250 to 300 ish for a card that will hopefully last more than 6 months( i was spoiled by my gtx 8800 it lasted me 3 years lol)

edit: my mobo is a msi p67a-g43b3
550 PS
8 gigs of ram

Why is the rum always gone?- Captain Jack Sparrow

User Info: Eggroll360

Eggroll360
4 years ago#2
660ti if it ever deploys
GO NOLES!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. need a new video card and looking for suggestions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived