This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*Plays RE6 for 20 mins*.... *uninstalls*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. *Plays RE6 for 20 mins*.... *uninstalls*

User Info: SS4Ricky

SS4Ricky
4 years ago#51
Fans that hate RE4 and 5- hipsters
Fans that hate RE6- Everybody.

6 was like final fantasy 13, the biggest disappointment of the series.
i5-2500k@4.3 | Corsair H60 | Gskill sniper 16GB 1866 | MSI gtx 560 448 | Seasonic X750 gold | GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | Samsung 830 128GB | 1TB WD Black

User Info: DARQ MX

DARQ MX
4 years ago#52
oh stop being a cry baby. I am an old school re fan and even I admit the games needed to evolve sometime
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS
SS4Ricky posted...

I feel so weird sometimes. I've played every RE. While It's not a masterpiece by any stretch I greatly enjoyed my time with RE6

FF XIII is actually one of my favorite games in the series.
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html

User Info: Goldninja

Goldninja
4 years ago#54
chris1001 the sequel posted...
SS4Ricky posted...

I feel so weird sometimes. I've played every RE. While It's not a masterpiece by any stretch I greatly enjoyed my time with RE6

Hey, if you enjoyed them, more power to you. I did not enjoy XIII. Haven't played RE6, so I'll see how that goes when I do.
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again

User Info: steveboblarry

steveboblarry
4 years ago#55
SS4Ricky posted...

This
I like butter toast

User Info: SS4Ricky

SS4Ricky
4 years ago#56
SS4Ricky posted...

Well...i'm not one to call people's opinion's stupid and argue and I won't. I haven't read all through this topic but i'll try and give my 2 cents on the game:

-Of course the weak 3 part stories didn't do much for me and left a lot of holes. Fortunately the collectibles you shoot fill in those holes when you read up on 'em.

-Leon couldn't be his Leon self(cheesy one liners, last action hero movie) from RE4. Why? Friggen Helena. I hate Helena with a passion. She does nothing but lead Leon on for 4 chapters, 4 grueling 1-1 1/2 hour chapters. After you leave the catacombs you are officially done with that character.

-Chris was too soaked up on revenge for a while as well, and only until ch.6 does his story actually pick up. Once again these chapters are long and grueling.

-Jake and Sherry are cute together and I have no problems with them.

-Game mechanics. I skimmed someone else that noted this as well. They pretty much reworked the mechanics and forgot to mention it to ANYONE. No manual, no tutorial, I enjoy finding stuff out but jesus they did a good amount of changes and decided to tell NO ONE. Had to rely on a loading screen to find out how to dual wield, lol.

-Overall slowness of the beginning chapters. Once you beat someone's story you finally get to switch around and customize abilities. I feel this was needed from the very beginning. Abilities make this game go a lot smoother and it is definitely not smooth experience in the beginning.

-Lastly I never want to do that snow level with Jake again. Just got lost a bunch and the camera angles sucked(at the time, before the patch) and the map was terrible. One of the worst levels I played.

Not even gonna talk about FF13. That is for another time. x.x
i5-2500k@4.3 | Corsair H60 | Gskill sniper 16GB 1866 | MSI gtx 560 448 | Seasonic X750 gold | GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | Samsung 830 128GB | 1TB WD Black

User Info: DARQ MX

DARQ MX
4 years ago#57
wizardmon posted...
Boge posted...
Resident Evil used to be my all time favorite gaming series. Once 4 came out and changed the series, I wasn't a fan anymore.

This. 4, 5, & 6 really aren't RE games.

Personally, I enjoyed 2 the most.

4 was amazing. Not so much 5 tho
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS

User Info: spud_almighty

spud_almighty
4 years ago#58
You can judge a game by playing for 20 minutes? Maybe back in 1989 but by today's standards that is pretty damn pathetic.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 years ago#59
wizardmon posted...
Boge posted...
Resident Evil used to be my all time favorite gaming series. Once 4 came out and changed the series, I wasn't a fan anymore.

This. 4, 5, & 6 really aren't RE games.

Personally, I enjoyed 2 the most.

That's what I came in to say.

When I first played 4, I thought, "This is an okay game, but it's not Resident Evil."
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot

User Info: ThePonyCollie

ThePonyCollie
4 years ago#60
KOTRwhoops posted...
ThePonyCollie posted...
While I miss the old RE style, RE6 at least improved this new formula. It's miles better than RE4 & 5.

I really can't understand why anyone would think that... Have you actually played RE4 form start to finish?

Obviously it's your opinion and I respect that but I have to ask why as to me it's a fairly outrageous comment to me.

I've been a fan of the series since 1996 when RE1 first hit, I loved the old style games, I loved the direction RE4 and even 5 took and then RE6 came along and was quite simply a bad game IMO.

Because RE4 & 5 are full TPS action games, but the problem is they still have the tank controls of the older games.
"Exclusives are a peasant concept to begin with, used to justify the purchase of inferior hardware." DarkZV2Beta
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. *Plays RE6 for 20 mins*.... *uninstalls*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived