This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Teleglitch is an awesome roguelike

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Teleglitch is an awesome roguelike

User Info: CammyApple

CammyApple
4 years ago#21
lionheart5656 posted...
Bronxsta posted...
Has anyone played Teleglitch?

After reading nothing but praise on NeoGAF, I finally tried the demo...and it's awesome. #1 on my Wishlist now. Love the art style and the distortion when you fire your weapon, the weapons sound and feel powerful, the tension is palpable

Last moments before I died (on level 1): being chased by a pack of...things, low on ammo, health flashing red, drop an explosive behind me, take out most of the pack, down to six rounds, trying to make each shot count. I make it, go through a door, get swarmed, panic to equip my one use rocket launcher...and miss the shot. I survived 13 minutes.

You have to react fast and smart. In those last moments, I was split second away from turning and firing, then I remembered I had explosives, and that I can drop them.

The art style may turn some off, but it doesn't bother me and gives the game personality

I used to hate difficulty games, now I love roguelikes (well modern ones). All fhanks to Demon's Souls. I truly feel that Teleglicth is an excellent addition to the roguelike genre.

Here's where I got the demo from:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/22719...Demo__Windows_

Get to play the tutorial, first, and third level

I like how the gaming community has become so stupid that NES graphics are considered a style of art when it's very clearly just laziness or lack of money.

No one chooses to make their game look like **** on purpose.

Keeping in mind what appeals to one appeals to all right?
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

User Info: Bronxsta

Bronxsta
4 years ago#22
imowfaces posted...
where can i try the demo i dont see it on the steam page or website.

Demo link is in the OP :)
You had my curiosity...
...but now you have my attention.

Bronxsta
4 years ago#23
lionheart5656 posted...
Bronxsta posted...
Has anyone played Teleglitch?

After reading nothing but praise on NeoGAF, I finally tried the demo...and it's awesome. #1 on my Wishlist now. Love the art style and the distortion when you fire your weapon, the weapons sound and feel powerful, the tension is palpable

Last moments before I died (on level 1): being chased by a pack of...things, low on ammo, health flashing red, drop an explosive behind me, take out most of the pack, down to six rounds, trying to make each shot count. I make it, go through a door, get swarmed, panic to equip my one use rocket launcher...and miss the shot. I survived 13 minutes.

You have to react fast and smart. In those last moments, I was split second away from turning and firing, then I remembered I had explosives, and that I can drop them.

The art style may turn some off, but it doesn't bother me and gives the game personality

I used to hate difficulty games, now I love roguelikes (well modern ones). All fhanks to Demon's Souls. I truly feel that Teleglicth is an excellent addition to the roguelike genre.

Here's where I got the demo from:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/22719...Demo__Windows_

Get to play the tutorial, first, and third level

I like how the gaming community has become so stupid that NES graphics are considered a style of art when it's very clearly just laziness or lack of money.

No one chooses to make their game look like **** on purpose.

No, but they do choose to give their game a retro theme or use a pixel graphic aesthetic. Not every game has to be Crysis. Gameplay or atmosphere should always come first
You had my curiosity...

Bronxsta
4 years ago#24
Thought I had played for an hour, turns out I played for three. My best run so far, I survived for 70 minutes

Only 1 health point left. 1 can gun. 4 shotgun rounds. No medkits. I enter a large area and they swarm towards me. I retreat into the narrow hallway, prepare my can gun and wait as the mob is funneled into a tight cluster. And then I obliterate the entire group with one shot.

A minute late, trapped in the tight corridors, down to my knife, I race through the hallways. Stabbing desperately at my pursuers. I die fighting

Damn, I love this game
You had my curiosity...

User Info: BDSM

BDSM
4 years ago#25
Did someone say Doom roguelike?

http://doom.chaosforge.org/
Games I've played where you have non-consensual sex with your step-sister while half drowning her in a kitchen sink: 1
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Teleglitch is an awesome roguelike

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived