This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What exactly is a AAA game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What exactly is a AAA game?

User Info: g_lethal

g_lethal
4 years ago#1
dumb question i know, but nowadays since i hear that term so much what is it?

are they the game equivalent of a summer blockbuster movie? just a high cost technical explosion feast? because so far thats what it seems.

nowadays there's like 2 tiers of games, top level AAA and indie, why is that? there used to be a middle ground, i've played many indie/cheaper/lesser known games that are insanely fun & then theres the big titles that were imo quite boring.

it just seems to me that the cheaper titles are more game-ish? while bigger titles are like movies that let you join in sometimes, its like each new title takes a bit more of the gameplay away each time. seems the longer a series lives the less you can really do. story is great to have, wicked visuals are a bonus but if they outnumber the gameplay in a videogame then something needs to be tweaked.

thats why i always thought it was funny people bashed asura's wrath when it seems thats where games are headed anyways
"Remember Me" is awesome

User Info: Kalammer

Kalammer
4 years ago#2
It's any game with a sufficiently large marketing budget, and completely lacking originality.
"My job isn't to offer help in the way that you mean." - Boogiepop

User Info: ChromaticAngel

ChromaticAngel
4 years ago#3
It's a very high budget, commercially published game.
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.

User Info: donbrifway

donbrifway
4 years ago#4
Remember Me is a AAA game.
Steam: donbrifway

User Info: DownSouth113

DownSouth113
4 years ago#5
Its all your overrated games. Call of duties,bioshocks,grand theft autos, all AAA
i5 3570k,Nvidia GTX 650 Ti, 8gb DDR3,ASRock Z77 Pro 4,Apevia Black/Blue X-Trooper, 675 Thermaltake,Windows 8
Steam- Overyourlimit85

User Info: lazycomplife

lazycomplife
4 years ago#6
It's the baby of a morally questionable, slightly talented developer and a powerful and corrupt money hungry mob boss.
Official Swinub
3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
4 years ago#7
I spent 10 millions on making the game

I spent 100 millions on marketing.

I'm an AAA game.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/

User Info: skpal

skpal
4 years ago#8
DownSouth113 posted...
Its all your overrated games. Call of duties,bioshocks,grand theft autos, all AAA

lol

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
4 years ago#9
Basically high marketed games. There is still the middle ground games where there won't be any commercials of them but they'll just show up on Steam one day randomly.
http://youtu.be/WbxOaq6_i1Y

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
4 years ago#10
It's a rating of how good the game is, except the grading rubric is reversed.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What exactly is a AAA game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived