This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking to buy a tablet. Any advice?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking to buy a tablet. Any advice?

User Info: dummy420

dummy420
4 years ago#1
I am looking into buying a tablet but don't know the best options. I am wanting to use it for an e-reader for text books and also Netflix and video viewing. I would like to be able to use it for college books and my military study material. A decent battery life is a big selling point.

So I don't know much about them but I heard that some books only work with certain readers. Anyone know what are the best options that work for the biggest range of books? I have purchased a Kindle for my ex girlfriend and she seemed to like it so is Kindle a good option?
Trying is the first step towards failure, so just dont give it a shot and you cant dissapoint.

User Info: snkboi

snkboi
4 years ago#2
google nexus 7 2nd gen
i think it's nice

User Info: _Marka_Ragnos_

_Marka_Ragnos_
4 years ago#3
iPad 4 or iPad mini depending on price range. The aspect ratio of them is going to be the best for reading hands down.
http://i.imgur.com/dMShSjG.jpg
"You can't not pool as Zerg" - FatBlackCat

dummy420
4 years ago#4
They will all be able to work with most book formats right? Price isn't to big of an issue. Its mostly for general convenience since I have been traveling a lot and will continue to.
Trying is the first step towards failure, so just dont give it a shot and you cant dissapoint.

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
4 years ago#5
Probably an iPad mini then. It's really quite a nice device.

Personally, though, I'd wait until they release the yearly rehash because it'll probably have a Retina display, which will be nice to have.
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000

dummy420
4 years ago#6
Thanks for the help guys.

User Info: _Marka_Ragnos_

_Marka_Ragnos_
4 years ago#7
dummy420 posted...
They will all be able to work with most book formats right? Price isn't to big of an issue. Its mostly for general convenience since I have been traveling a lot and will continue to.

Yup. Both the Nexus and iPad will work with all book formats including epub, kindle, nook what have you. Personally, I really like the iPad ebook reader. It's got beautiful animations and is butter smooth (You can import non ibooks formats into the stock app).

The reason I mentioned the aspect ratio is because the iPad is much wider than the Nexus 7 in portrait mode so reading is a much more pleasant experience than the very narrow Nexuses.
http://i.imgur.com/dMShSjG.jpg
"You can't not pool as Zerg" - FatBlackCat

User Info: PR_Fiasco

PR_Fiasco
4 years ago#8
Be warned. Once you get whatever tablet you've got in mind...you'll get addicted to it.

Trust me. I've seen it.
TBWNN
i5 3570K @ 3.4Ghz | GTX 670 | 8GB RAM

dummy420
4 years ago#9
PR_Fiasco posted...
Be warned. Once you get whatever tablet you've got in mind...you'll get addicted to it.

Trust me. I've seen it.

I guess we will see. I always hated the idea of tablets but recent changes have made it look like a good option. I do like my tech that's for sure.

User Info: g_lethal

g_lethal
4 years ago#10
don't buy one, just snag a laptop

hate my tablet, so unprecise, smudges everywhere, weak.......things are pointless
"Remember Me" is awesome
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking to buy a tablet. Any advice?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived