This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can i get rid of physical copies of games that are linked to my Steam account?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can i get rid of physical copies of games that are linked to my Steam account?

User Info: LiQuiDsWorDs56

LiQuiDsWorDs56
4 years ago#1
I have a few disc based games that I used the serial keys on steam. Can I just just rid of them entirely or will I need to save that serial key if anything happens in the future?
i7-930@3.5GHz l Asus P6X58D-E l EVGA SC Titan l 12gb Dominator l AX850 PSU l H100i l 6Tb 7,200 rpm l 256gb Samsung Pro I BD Drive l 900D I Alienware Optx
(message deleted)

User Info: LiQuiDsWorDs56

LiQuiDsWorDs56
4 years ago#3
Killah Priest posted...
I wouldn't throw them out but its safe to put them out of sight.

but yes I guess you could. When I register that key it just downloads from steam anyways... don't even know why they give you the disc.

You could probably use a picture of something like that to prove ownership of a steam account if someone stole it or you lost your password or something, I know they used to allow that.

Thanks. Ill never buy a disc again unless its a game not on steam or origin. In the closet they go!
i7-930@3.5GHz l Asus P6X58D-E l EVGA SC Titan l 12gb Dominator l AX850 PSU l H100i l 6Tb 7,200 rpm l 256gb Samsung Pro I BD Drive l 900D I Alienware Optx

User Info: donbrifway

donbrifway
4 years ago#4
you can throw them away but disc installs are faster usually depending on your internet connection. plus you still have to download any updates.
Steam: donbrifway
Xbox: donbr1fway
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can i get rid of physical copies of games that are linked to my Steam account?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived