This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm in the market for a new smartphone. What do you guys use/recommend?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm in the market for a new smartphone. What do you guys use/recommend?

User Info: EdgeofDarkness

EdgeofDarkness
3 years ago#21
Jprime666 posted...
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
Backlog posted...
iPhone 5

LAWL

Back on topic, I have a Note II. It's a decent phone, the screen size is its main selling point. Plus, it has a stylus!

Doesn't a stylus imply a resistive touchscreen. I don't know if I'd was that for a phone. Had a phone with a resistive screen before and I didn't like it.

No its the same heat sensitive screen that everything else uses, the stylus is specifically designed to only work for that phone, and even has a few special "alt" button built in that does special functions and has like 300 different levels of touch sensitivity.

User Info: valeski2236

valeski2236
3 years ago#22
EdgeofDarkness posted...
Jprime666 posted...
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
Backlog posted...
iPhone 5

LAWL

Back on topic, I have a Note II. It's a decent phone, the screen size is its main selling point. Plus, it has a stylus!

Doesn't a stylus imply a resistive touchscreen. I don't know if I'd was that for a phone. Had a phone with a resistive screen before and I didn't like it.

No its the same heat sensitive screen that everything else uses, the stylus is specifically designed to only work for that phone, and even has a few special "alt" button built in that does special functions and has like 300 different levels of touch sensitivity.

Electricity not heat.
3DS:FC 1005-8758-3458

User Info: CardigansFan

CardigansFan
3 years ago#23
(no specific order for any of these - just top suggestions)

If you absolutely want one right now:
-Galaxy S4
-HTC One
-Xperia Z

If you can wait 2-3 months:
-iPhone 5S / 6 / whatever it'll be called
-Note III
-Nexus 5

If you don't want something too big but want Android and not have the phone be crap:
-Galaxy S4 Mini
-HTC One Mini

There's also the Lumia 1020 if you want basically the best camera you'll always have with you, but Windows Phone might be a bit of a downer in terms of apps, especially coming from an iPhone 4.

Note 2 is pointless to get right now with the S4 out and the Note 3 around the corner, as well as the iPhone 5 for it's successor on the way as well. And no, this isn't one of those "well there's always a better phone around the corner if you keep waiting" - unless Apple, Samsung, and Google (and now HTC) intend to break the phone-release trend they seem to be sticking to.

Skip the Moto X all-together unless you really care about made in 'Murica.

And yes, the GS4 is a substantial upgrade from the GS3, unlike what some will say.

Gimme a list of stuff you'd like to do with a phone, what features you do and don't care about (ex. do you care about it being waterproof), and whatever other relevant information you can think of. I've had a lot of phones/tablets over the past year and deal extensively with them on a daily basis, so I can probably give a decent recommendation.
3570k | GTX670 FTW | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD
S4 Mini * Sharp Actius MM20 * AKA Magus77

User Info: Ryamus

Ryamus
3 years ago#24
Get the S4.

User Info: TendoDRM

TendoDRM
3 years ago#25
I love my Note 2. The HTC One would be my second choice.
Cel Damage! Tonight at 8:00!

User Info: WyzeGye

WyzeGye
3 years ago#26
I like my Optimus G... It's a nexus 4 with LTE. It doesnt break the bank and it's a powerful phone.
http://i.imgur.com/2dhh8tn.gif
http://i.imgur.com/p5EXSiq.jpg

User Info: RemyLebeau_88

RemyLebeau_88
3 years ago#27
I went with the S4 recently over the HTC One. Either seems like a good choice, but I didn't like the idea of not having access to the battery with the HTC (since my last phone's battery warped) or expandable memory.
http://www.ddgamer.com/76561198001005811/camo_sig2.png http://i.imgur.com/pujKk.jpg
[i5 2500] [8GB DDR3] [GTX 560 Ti] [Corsair 650TX] [Win 7 x64] [1920x1080]

User Info: Sk0rbut

Sk0rbut
3 years ago#28
I recently bought a Samsung E1150 and it's quite amazing - I can call people, I can text people, the battery easily last for two weeks without charging and... yeah, that's pretty much it ^^
I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry.

User Info: datopgamer

datopgamer
3 years ago#29
Got an s4 active recently and its been great. Its waterproof just in case you somehow get your phone wet and its still just as good as the standard s4. I cant think of a single drawback for this phone.
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
3 years ago#30
I like the S3 and S4 but think they are kind of ugly. I like the HTC one X and one, but do not like not having a replaceable battery.

I have the S3. Not upgrading anytime soon. I think the differences between current and last generation are too small to be spending about 500 euro or so.
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm in the market for a new smartphone. What do you guys use/recommend?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived