This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the closest I can come to reformatting a laptop with no windows disc/num?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's the closest I can come to reformatting a laptop with no windows disc/num?

User Info: Disastersaurus

Disastersaurus
3 years ago#1
So I found a working laptop about a month ago and went through the usual process of trying to find the owner, but by the time I found who it belonged to, he had gotten a new one and offered this one to me for a pretty good price.

It's a decent little laptop for office stuff, but it has a lot of stuff on it [he copied what he needed over to his new one] that would take ages to manually remove. Thing is, I don't want to have to buy a new windows disc and I have no idea what the number is for it.

I'll buy a new windows copy if I have to, but is there a way I can leave this thing reasonably clear without using reformatting?
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Enthusiast of Gamefaqs! Add me on steam for a training partner or teacher! http://steamcommunity.com/id/Durrzerker/

User Info: 2Dhas_a_MIGRANE

2Dhas_a_MIGRANE
3 years ago#2
Can you factory restore it through the recovery tool? I think when you boot it up you can get into some menu with it.
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542

User Info: Disastersaurus

Disastersaurus
3 years ago#3
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
Can you factory restore it through the recovery tool? I think when you boot it up you can get into some menu with it.

I did some digging and it looks like Windows 8 has a full reset option. I'm going to try it, see if it works!
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Enthusiast of Gamefaqs! Add me on steam for a training partner or teacher! http://steamcommunity.com/id/Durrzerker/
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's the closest I can come to reformatting a laptop with no windows disc/num?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived