This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New build questions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New build questions

User Info: DCdemonic1

DCdemonic1
3 years ago#1
I haven't used a gaming PC for 10-15 years and am thinking about building another one instead of getting a next gen console. My brother gave me a case he used and loved prior to moving years back and I was wondering if it would be sufficient for building a new rig to save some money. It doesn't have a PSU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811221002

I'm not sure of my budget, probably $1000.

CPU: I know most people recommend the i5-4670k over something like the AMD FX-8320 but would the Intel be worth the added cost?
Video Card: I'm looking at either a GTX 660 ti or Radeon 7950, something around the $225-250 range.
RAM: 8 GB should suffice
HDD: I'd like to have a SSD for windows 7 if it can be fit into the budget and worth the cost. A 1TB drive would be needed for Linux, data storage, and possibly for installing the games for windows if more space is needed.

I have a copy of Windows 7 OEM, keyboard, mouse, speakers, Samsung 223BW monitor and want to also hook up and use a Toshiba 46G300u3 HDTV for when gaming. I'd like something that will last 5-6 years with minimal upgrades, even if that means lowering to high or medium settings down the road. I don't need to maintain ultra settings on games, 1080p on the TV with a smooth framerate is what I'd like.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New build questions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived