This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a game that you'd describe as "immersive."

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Recommend me a game that you'd describe as "immersive."

User Info: BlackWizardMagus

BlackWizardMagus
4 years ago#71
I was going to try and help TC out, but apparantly what I call immersive or not-immersive is the complete opposite of what everyone else says. I find alot of these games to be...gamey. I'm either stopping to look things up, or I don't and then get mad because things don't make sense or I miss out because of something stupid. While I find JRPGs immersive because I have characters and plot and setting all at the forefront and I can play through most of the game without a guide and not feel screwed at the end (some exceptions apply).

But, I would repeat Silent Hill 2. Fantastic.
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus

User Info: Froodjakle

Froodjakle
4 years ago#72
Wow, I'm really surprised nobody has mentioned Far Cry 3 yet. Easily one of the most immersive games I've played in recent memory.
PSN: Froodjakle
Currently playing: Etrian Oddysey IV, Lollipop Chainsaw, Shadows of the Damned, Prototype 2, Borderlands 2

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
4 years ago#73
Just about every game I planned on listing has already been mentioned in this thread, even Shadowrun Returns. But, I haven't seen this one listed yet:

Diablo (first one)

BlackWizardMagus posted...
I was going to try and help TC out, but apparantly what I call immersive or not-immersive is the complete opposite of what everyone else says. I find alot of these games to be...gamey. I'm either stopping to look things up, or I don't and then get mad because things don't make sense or I miss out because of something stupid. While I find JRPGs immersive because I have characters and plot and setting all at the forefront and I can play through most of the game without a guide and not feel screwed at the end (some exceptions apply).

But, I would repeat Silent Hill 2. Fantastic.

Stop sucking at games, I guess. The only game that has been listed that you might actually even need a guide for is STALKER. Even then, it's a fun game just to wander around in.
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg

User Info: RunetheKoopa

RunetheKoopa
4 years ago#74
Mafia. It's an old game, but it's very immersive and accurate to life in the '30s. There is a Mafia 2 that was released recently, but it's not as good.
Not changing this signature until Spyro and Crash Bandicoot go back to their roots.

User Info: DeityThing007

DeityThing007
4 years ago#75
Metro series. When I played 2033, I actually felt cold when the character went above ground at certain points. It's brilliant from beginning to end.
My goose is gettin' cooked...

User Info: synthetiksin

synthetiksin
4 years ago#76
Vanilla:
Fallout 1 and 2
Stalker
Planscape Torment
Hotline Miami
Modded:
Fallout 3 Wanderer's Edition
Fallout NV Project Nevada

User Info: Invisstalker

Invisstalker
4 years ago#77
Deus Ex 1, Human Revolution
Diablo (first one)
Baldur's Gate II & expansion
The Witcher 1 & 2
Half Life 2

User Info: kyler45

kyler45
4 years ago#78
Skyrim with some immersion mods, and maybe an ENB or lighting overhaul.
Xbox Live: Kyler45
AC:CF 0605-3418-4438 Name: Kyler Town: Larova

User Info: uhohjonah

uhohjonah
4 years ago#79
Mount & Blade Warband and Shadow of the Colossus
Not changing this sig until Monster Hunter 4 comes out in US
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Recommend me a game that you'd describe as "immersive."

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived