This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Building a PC is ****ing addicting.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Building a PC is ****ing addicting.

User Info: Star_Nuts

Star_Nuts
3 years ago#1
I was so afraid to build my first and regretted it every step of the way but once I finished, I was amazed it worked. Now I can't stop looking up computer parts and wishing I would have used this over that. Can't wait to build another in a few years.
Not changing this sig until the Chargers win the Super Bowl - 31 Dec 2012
http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/s/san_diego_chargers-3705.gif

User Info: iscareu13

iscareu13
3 years ago#2
Star_Nuts posted...
I was so afraid to build my first and regretted it every step of the way but once I finished, I was amazed it worked. Now I can't stop looking up computer parts and wishing I would have used this over that. Can't wait to build another in a few years.

I went through that too.

For about two years after building my first PC, I spent a lot of time researching parts and putting together fun/dream builds. Regulars from ~4 years ago probably remember all my annoying topics where I showed off wishlists I put together <.<

User Info: romsnbombs

romsnbombs
3 years ago#3
I started out by accident. I got someone to build a computer for me, but when it arrived, I put my graphics card in and it didn't work. the guy who built it told me to pull the board out and send it him back, and he would send a new one. I was like "there's seriously no way I'm pulling an entire computer apart and then putting it back together again".

But it was his only offer. Anyway, I begrudgingly did so, and in the process this helped me.
2600k | P8P67 M Pro | 8GB | GTX 780 | 700W silent pro

User Info: Kainstryder

Kainstryder
3 years ago#4
Star_Nuts posted...

Build my first computer 2 years ago, still has that feeling where I look at the parts and go "Maybe I could buy a new one and replaced that".

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
3 years ago#5
You will always be tempted to do upgrades even when it's not necessary. Be careful.
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, x2 Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, SLI GTX 680 Lightning, AX850, Antec 1200 v3

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#6
I built my first computer at 12, and have been building them for abotu 17 years now. I usually build one every 2-3 years and I also have fun PC building for a friend. I get called over and we call it a night, eating food, putting it all together, enjoying seeing how well it runs. I used to work at Fry's Electronics and I loved helping with their PC builds. I would sometimes talk with them forever speccing their PC, a bit too much time as a salesman.
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116

User Info: MC RaZaR

MC RaZaR
3 years ago#7
I can't wait to build my next computer. It won't be for awhile though. It's been 2 years since my first build. I might wait for another 5 more years.

I wish I got really old parts to just play around with builds and practice.
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson

User Info: Maiken100

Maiken100
3 years ago#8
Yes very much so. I've read so many reviews on Gpus, CPUs and cooling that its just not normal lol

User Info: TowerBooks3192

TowerBooks3192
3 years ago#9
I wanted to build one myself but now I am scared of taking my PC apart since I only payed the shop to put it together for me (could have saved that $80!). Now I want to open it up and clean it but I am scared that I might break some parts.
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower

User Info: SS4Ricky

SS4Ricky
3 years ago#10
I totally agree. Every couple of months I get an itch, an itch I can't scratch unless I build/replace/add something to a PC. Thankfully it doesn't have to be mine.

This summer alone I built a gaming PC for my sister, had a friend get herself a new case and gut her old one and transfer all the parts for her, and catch a good deal on a 3770k and upgrade my 2500k. Feels good mang.
i7-3770k@3.5 | Corsair H60 | Gskill sniper 16GB 1866 | MSI gtx 560 448 | Seasonic X750 gold | GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | Samsung 830 128GB | 1TB WD Black
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Building a PC is ****ing addicting.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived