This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New to PC gaming.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New to PC gaming.

User Info: Asellus

Asellus
3 years ago#21
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/CyberPowerPC+-+Gamer+Xtreme+Desktop+-+8GB+Memory+-+2TB+Hard+Drive/9244118.p?id=1219007770672&skuId=9244118

Pretty good looking system and not all that badly priced either as prebuilts go.

User Info: Sk8terZero

Sk8terZero
3 years ago#22
Hey guys I just wanted to say thanks again for your help and info. I ended up taking the Asus back to Best Buy and they manager swapped it out for an HP Envy with an AMD Six-Core FX 6200, 10GB DDR3, 1.5 TB HDD, and a Radeon 7570. While I know its still a prebuilt and most of the parts are entry level, it runs Civ 5 on Med-High settings at 1920x1080 perfectly, even at late game. For me this is the best running PC I have ever had and am pretty satisfied, I just wanted some of your opinions on it.
Boston Red Sox Miami Dolphins Palermo FC Liverpool FC
Leave the gun, Take the canolli.-The Godfather Part I

User Info: thatfool12Gs

thatfool12Gs
3 years ago#23
Since you are limited to Best Buy..

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=1307658239&pid=mp1307658239&pcatId=abcat0502000
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU

User Info: Jair

Jair
3 years ago#24
Sk8terZero posted...
Hey guys I just wanted to say thanks again for your help and info. I ended up taking the Asus back to Best Buy and they manager swapped it out for an HP Envy with an AMD Six-Core FX 6200, 10GB DDR3, 1.5 TB HDD, and a Radeon 7570. While I know its still a prebuilt and most of the parts are entry level, it runs Civ 5 on Med-High settings at 1920x1080 perfectly, even at late game. For me this is the best running PC I have ever had and am pretty satisfied, I just wanted some of your opinions on it.

As long as you're satisfied with the performance, sure. That should also be able to run Skyrim at a good frame rate as long as you don't go crazy with mods, anti-aliasing, and shadows. For Simcity, I'm in the dark as I've not played it. Basically, as long as you're realistic with expectations and are prepared to sacrifice a few bells and whistles, you should be okay as an occasional gamer.

The issue is how much of a pinch in performance you're going to feel with upcoming games, but I guess that's a concern you can leave for the future.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New to PC gaming.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived