This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Indestructable or wireless headphones?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Indestructable or wireless headphones?

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
4 years ago#1
I'm sick of the wire crapping out and one ear going deaf and eventually losing sound altogether after a week of merciful duck tape life extension.

I don't fold them, I don't leave them hanging but the cheap little wire always finds some way to f itself up in several months time.

Doesn't matter if I buy ones $5-10 off ebay or quality ones they all have the same cheap wire problem so quality of sound means jack when they both die and give no sound.

I hate buds I like over the head band types. Mostly use them on the lappy.

I'm thinking wireless is going to be the only thing I can count on as all makers seem intent on string bean wiring as part of a crooky conglomerate conspiracy so I am always buying new ones.

Any wireless ones that charge themselves via the usb port? Don't want to constantly buy batteries for them. Noise cancelling is a good feature to have too.

Or has anyone had any longetivity with anything else? At this point I'm considering buying some of the freaking iron and steel 5 pound ones from the 80's with the curled wiring and huge jack port and adapting them.

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
4 years ago#2
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LBSEQS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Its very solid, I am pretty hard on my headphones and these are pretty damn durable.
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: Dollarman_2005

Dollarman_2005
4 years ago#3
I use the Senn HD-25s. Like most Senns, you can just replace the wire when it goes bad for like 12 bucks.

These headphones though are damn near titanium or something. They've dropped 8-12 feet multiple times and are still going strong.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Indestructable or wireless headphones?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived