This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Issues with Computer Build

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Issues with Computer Build

User Info: rkpeagle

rkpeagle
3 years ago#1
I built my first computer yesterday and everything went smooth up until it was time to install Windows. After I installed it and started installing Window updates, I got a BSoD in which I reinstalled Windows.

I spent about 3 hours installing everything for the drivers and updates, had no issues at all. I powered off and tied down the cables.

I woke up this morning and the computer turned on then it turned itself off. At first I thought it could be something with overheating but the temps are around 35c. I unplugged everything and started plugging everything back in.

As of now, the computer is working and I only have one 8GB Ripjaw RAM in, but Windows had crashed so I have to re-install the updates and drivers.

My question is, does this seem like it's a sign of what happens if you have bad stick of RAM? A computer turning on then shutting off and restarting multiple times.

Obviously, it seems like it is but I just want some clarification because I can work with one stick of RAM. The computer has been on the past hour and no issues but I just want to make sure before I install anything, incase it crashes again.
FC - 5284-1505-9659
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Issues with Computer Build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived