This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this okay for a laptop?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is this okay for a laptop?

User Info: O_O

O_O
3 years ago#1
http://amzn.com/B00DBSW3BC

Or are there better in this range? I need a new one for school. Battery life isn't a concern since I'll usually be plugged in. I do everything primarily from my laptop, so it is basically a desktop replacement. Minor video editing. 2007 was when I last purchased a laptop so I don't know what's good anymore.
o_O + O_o = O_O

User Info: Mystical_NEET

Mystical_NEET
3 years ago#2
Looks like it's got a slow and small HDD, and Windows 8 is never a bonus. Check out the HP Probooks.

User Info: _Marka_Ragnos_

_Marka_Ragnos_
3 years ago#3
Mystical_NEET posted...
Looks like it's got a slow and small HDD, and Windows 8 is never a bonus. Check out the HP Probooks.

There is nothing wrong with Windows 8. If buying a new computer there is no reason to not get it.
i5 4670k| 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3| EVGA GTX 780|Alienware m17x
"You can't not pool as Zerg" - FatBlackCat

User Info: O_O

O_O
3 years ago#4
Well, I found this one for 30 dollars more:

http://amzn.com/B00COQGJ08

I willing to try to learn Windows 8, so that's not an issue for me.
o_O + O_o = O_O

User Info: Dragnfyr

Dragnfyr
3 years ago#5
If you're going to get a 15" laptop you should find one with a screen resolution of at least 1600x900. Also don't bother with a touchscreen unless the laptop can fold into a tablet. Vertical touchscreens are useless.
MacBook Pro with Retina Display | 15.4" 2880x1800 | Core i7-3615QM @ 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | GT 650M 1GB GDDR5 | 256GB SSD | OSX 10.8.4 | Windows 8 Pro
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is this okay for a laptop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived