This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

download Battlefield 3: question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. download Battlefield 3: question

User Info: OmegaFlare18

OmegaFlare18
3 years ago#1
so got BF3 from the humble bundle, downloading now (and taking its sweet ass time too) but was curious:

is this like Steam where it downloads the full game, patches and all, or does it download the main game and THEN does all the patches and whatnot?
Steam ID: mystr_E
http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=Z11U9T0Q

User Info: derrate

derrate
3 years ago#2
I wasn't paying much attention, pretty sure it did everything. It has an annoying launcher though.

User Info: Khronickana

Khronickana
3 years ago#3
Battlelog is the best launcher there is, as far as i'm concerned.
Oh look, it's a sig
In haiku style, but two lines

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 years ago#4
It downloads everything for you, and yes the game launches you to a website called battlelog where you choose the servers you want to play, and then you choose the server and play.
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
3 years ago#5
derrate posted...
I wasn't paying much attention, pretty sure it did everything. It has an annoying launcher though.

And the launcher is broken as F*** for me. It won't connect me to a game AT ALL. All I can play is single player, and I got it for 20 bucks.
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."

User Info: Khronickana

Khronickana
3 years ago#6
daemon_dan posted...
derrate posted...

And the launcher is broken as F*** for me. It won't connect me to a game AT ALL. All I can play is single player, and I got it for 20 bucks.

have you got the plugins properly installed?
Oh look, it's a sig
In haiku style, but two lines
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. download Battlefield 3: question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived