This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battlefield 3, stuck on Joining Server

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Battlefield 3, stuck on Joining Server

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
4 years ago#1
Downloadad and installed the game this morning, and had a quick go on a few servers. Worked alright. Went to play it again this afternoon, can't get onto any servers. It just displays the 'Joining Servers....' message, and that's it. Have tried about a dozen servers, no luck.

I tried a solution posted on Youtube, which didn't work. I've tried stopping Origin via task manager, running CCleaner, then re-starting Origin and BF3. I tried re-starting my PC. Any idea how to get it working again? Or is this just the way BF3 normally is?

User Info: TheGhost808

TheGhost808
4 years ago#2
Specs?

Could be a firewall issue with the game being blocked or punkbuster could be doing stupid things.

Just tested my copy and it worked fine so the servers are up.
i7 3930k @4.0ghz | GA-X79-UP4 | Corsair 850ax | 16gb 1600mhz GSkill Ripjaws | GTX Titan | 240gb + 480gb Corsair SSD 500 Gb HDD| Windows 7 pro 64 | Phantom 410

maybecalls
4 years ago#3
Punkbuster........ Good suggestion. I blanked it in the server filter options and got straight onto the first server I tried.

maybecalls
4 years ago#4
That was the only server I was able to get onto, though. Now I can't get back on that server, or any other server.

User Info: josiskrazy

josiskrazy
4 years ago#5
what browser are you using? I had Chrome set as default and it wouldn't work.

went to battlelog on IE and I was able to get onto a server. Might be a browser issue.
PSN: josiskrazy // STEAM: jos_eva
Hey Kojima/Konami please stop shoving MGS down our throats and give us Suikoden VI already!

User Info: Iron_Badger

Iron_Badger
4 years ago#6
restart Origin

maybecalls
4 years ago#7
Firefox.

It's just unpredictable as to whether it works or not. Still, it was cheap, and it went to charities!

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 years ago#8
Has nothing to do with the browser. Make sure your firewall ports are opened properly and your punkbuster is updated.

https://help.ea.com/article/online-ports-for-battlefield-3
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.

maybecalls
4 years ago#9
I can get on the servers alright now, but after about fifteen to twenty minutes gameplay I get, Game disconnected. Your connection to the server timed out.

Every time.

Any solution to that?

It's a shame, because I'm really starting to enjoy playing this game.

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
4 years ago#10
Try turning your firewall completely off and see if it does it
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Battlefield 3, stuck on Joining Server

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived