The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the extra $50~ worth it to get the gtx 760 4gig?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the extra $50~ worth it to get the gtx 760 4gig?

User Info: IronSasquatch

IronSasquatch
3 years ago#1
I'm not completely familiar with how the extra 2 gigs of memory would affect performance or if it would really impact it that much. Should I pay the extra money for the 4 gig or would I essentially get the same performance out of the 2 gig 760?
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.

User Info: CraigD91

CraigD91
3 years ago#2
You would probably get exactly the same performance if almost all current games but I'd spend the extra $50 to add a bit of longevity to your setup. If you decide to go SLI in the future you'll be glad to have the 4 gigs as well as the memory doesn't stack.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#3
At 1080p 2gb is going to be plenty, unless you're planning on multiple monitors or 1440/4k more than 2gb isn't going to help, and if you're planning on either of those you probably wouldn't be getting a 760. I also don't think the memory bandwidth of the 760 is going to be adequate to even properly make use of the 4gb anyway making it a waste in any regard. The only 4gb card I'd even consider at the moment would be a 770, but even then only for SLI at above 1080p.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: Vindication123

Vindication123
3 years ago#4
I would get the 4GB just for the breathing room. It would work better for mods, in any case. But, it's not neccessary
'The Intel i7-3770 if you're rich, the i5 2500K, i53570 or i53570k if you're doing okay, the AMD A10-5800K or i3 if you're just about hanging in there.'
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the extra $50~ worth it to get the gtx 760 4gig?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived